Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Extension Routing

• lordwhiskey
  • Topic Author
More
05 Apr 2013 07:42 #1 by lordwhiskey
Extension Routing was created by lordwhiskey
Hi,

I open another topic about another subject.

When you setup an extension in Vigor IPPBX 2820 it's possible to define which trunks the ext will be able to access and the default one.

This kind of configuration does not imply that the extension will use the default trunk to make calls, but you have to setup which trunk to use in Digit Maps. (If you don't want to digit the trunk number before composing the telephone number from the extension).

For example:
2 SIP Trunks, one used for Phone calls and the second one used for analog FAX.

The phones are normal LAN extension, the FAX is connected to the 901 port (Phone port of IPPBX).

The phones have the possibility to access SPI1 Trunk and that's the default trunk.

FAX has SIP2 default Trunk and the possibility to access only to it.

The only way that i found to distinguish the two lines when making outgoing calls, then to use appropriate trunk with FAX or phones, is to define Digit Maps.

I've set up these rules

Position: 1
Match Prefix: 2?
Method: Strip
Operand Number: 2
Min Len.:1
Max Len:15
Trunk: SIP2

Position: 2
Match Prefix: ?
Method: None
Operand Number:
Trunk: SIP1

So in this case if user compose a number and place a "2" before the telephone number digits, the call will be routed through SIP2, else every other call will be routed through SIP1.

Is it possible to make a default route through SIP trunks without using digit maps and without digit the trunk number before dialing?

Thanks

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• doctord
  • User
  • User
More
18 Apr 2013 15:19 #2 by doctord
Replied by doctord on topic Re: Extension Routing
I believe it is. In fact, I think this is the reason to have the "default trunk".

For each extension you can define a "default trunk". If you don't want to use the functionality you just leave it as Disabled. Once defined, when you set your digit map you can select Trunk = "default trunk" and the outgoing trunk will be determined by the settings for each extension.

So in your example,

do define a "default trunk", you can then use this setting in the digit map. (note, whatever you do, you have to define something in the digit map to be able to make an outgoing call).

So, in your example.
Telephone which is extension 1 and has default trunk set as SIP1
Fax which is on extension 2 and has default trunk set as PSTN.

In digit map you need to set
Position: 1
Match Prefix: ?
Method: None
Operand Number:
Trunk: Default

I should add, that you always need to have an entry in digit map to be able to make outgoing calls.

• lordwhiskey
  • Topic Author
More
30 Apr 2013 11:32 #3 by lordwhiskey
Replied by lordwhiskey on topic Re: Extension Routing
Yes, that's it!

Thanks for suggestion, i didn't see the "Default Trunk" diciture in drop down menu.

Thanks