Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Which Router do I need?

• liam-denny
  • Topic Author
More
28 Mar 2017 15:06 #1 by liam-denny
Which Router do I need? was created by liam-denny
Hello,

I am a BT Broadband business customer running an Architectural practice from a remote location- we have ADSL+ but no fibre as yet. Supposedly its coming in the next year hopefully. We've been having lots of issues with our connection and have been back and forth to BT to try to resolve it. We are getting about 4.3M downloads and 0.6M uploads but the issue is the stability of the connection with it constantly dropping out, multiple times every hour. We've done lots of testing where we've removed everything from the network and only had a laptop connected to the router that is directly plugged into the test socket but the problem persists.

BT have sent an engineer out who got the exchange to change the SNR level to 9 as he believed this had dropped and was responsible for the intermittent connection. This however does not seem to have resolved the problem.

He also suggested two other things:
1. Getting another Broadband line installed and splitting our usage across the two lines.
2. Purchasing a Draytek Router as they control the SNR and may resolve the intermittent connection and are better than the BT HomeHub 3 we currently use.

Please can anyone offer any advice regarding the above and what router we should be looking at purchasing if indeed this will result in a more stable connection. I understand that it needs to be ADSL+ compatible and probably able to accommodate fibre if that comes in the future. In addition, is there anything we need to consider if we are going to get a second line in respect to the router(s)?

Many thanks

Liam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.