DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Google QUIC with a 2820Vn

More
27 Jan 2018 14:04 #1 by vof
Google QUIC with a 2820Vn was created by vof
I have been having problems with responsiveness of Google-owned sites such as Youtube and Maps when accessed via the Chrome browser which I believe are related to Chrome's default use of QUIC. Apparently unrelated problems with an occasional loss of internet connection across the LAN I now suspect are due to the 2820Vn's UDP flood DoS defences being triggered by QUIC.

I have disabled QUIC in all my Chrome installations and the problem appears to have been fixed but I wondered whether there was a better way to resolve the problem through changing the 2820Vn's configuration. I could switch off the UDP flood detection or raise the threshold significantly but before experimenting I thought I would ask here if there is already some knowledge of the problem and good ways of resolving it.

I know that Google are proposing QUIC as a new standard protocol to the IETF so I am also interested in hearing any comments about how/when future Draytek routers and firewalls will handle QUIC usage less disruptively.

TIA for your replies.

vof

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.