InterLAN Routing Problem

• montaguet
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 Oct 2018 20:56 #1 by montaguet
InterLAN Routing Problem was created by montaguet
I've been trying to sort out a problem with a 2860 and two subnets.

On P1 I have a subnet configured as 10.10.10.0 with the gateway as 10.10.10.1. On P2 I have a subnet of192.168.10.0 with a gateway of 192.168.10.200. Devices on both networks can access the Internet without any problems. I need to have devices on P2 be able to access a device on P1 with the address 10.10.10.250. I checked the documentation and it seems that all I need to do is to enable the InterLAN routing option by ticking P2 under P1. I have tried this, and all sorts of other things, and nothing seems to work.

Can anyone tell me how I get devices on the P2 subnet to be able to access devices on the P1 subnet. Any advice will be much appreciated as I have spent hours on the web trying to find a solution. Everything I find seems to say that the InterLAN routing is the answer. Either I'm missing something or it is not the answer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
29 Oct 2018 21:56 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: InterLAN Routing Problem
Yes - interlan routing is the answer :D

Thoughts: Are any non-standard (possibly mismatched) netmasks in use? (especially for the 10.x.y.z networks)?
Do the devices on the two lans have Default Gateways set? (I'm assuming they do, if they can get to the Internet).

Any firewall rule that might be preventing this? (including the default one).

What does Traceroute / Tracert show?

Does Routing >> Load-Balance/Route Policy >> Diagnose help at all?

• hopkins35
  • User
  • User
More
30 Oct 2018 11:40 #3 by hopkins35
Replied by hopkins35 on topic Re: InterLAN Routing Problem
As hornbyp says, if your default firewall rule is set to block you will need to create an 'interlan' rule or rules to pass the packets in both directions

• damtechmatt
  • User
  • User
More
31 Oct 2018 12:30 #4 by damtechmatt
Replied by damtechmatt on topic Re: InterLAN Routing Problem
Im having a similar issue.

Devices on LAN1 cannot see devices on LAN2 even with the inter-lan routing enabled

Im pulling my hair out on this one.

• hopkins35
  • User
  • User
More
31 Oct 2018 18:43 #5 by hopkins35
Replied by hopkins35 on topic Re: InterLAN Routing Problem

damtechmatt wrote: Im having a similar issue.

Devices on LAN1 cannot see devices on LAN2 even with the inter-lan routing enabled

Im pulling my hair out on this one.

Have you created a firewall rule to pass traffic from LAN1 to LAN2 and back again?

More
02 Sep 2019 12:33 #6 by orange79
Replied by orange79 on topic Re: InterLAN Routing Problem
Hello,

I've got exactly the same problem.

LAN1 is 192.168.1.X
LAN2 is 192.168.2.X

From LAN 1 :
- I can ping every host in 192.168.1.X
- I can ping 192.168.2.1 (so, if I can ping Gateway of LAN2, it seem for me that the LAN configuration is good, the problem is the firewall…)
But I can't ping 192.168.2.X

Firewall default rule is set to "pass", and I create firewall rules to allow everything between LAN1 and LAN2...

When I make a "route policy diagnose", the router say "Inter-lan routing is not enabled". But it IS enabled ! I Checked LAN2 Under LAN1 in inter-lan routing menu.