• d1m3b4g
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
04 Jun 2019 12:34 #1 by d1m3b4g
LAN2/3/4 ports on 2952 Router was created by d1m3b4g
Hi

I am trying to use the LAN2/3/4 physical ports on my 2952 as additional ports for IoT devices as I have run out of ports on my switch.
The main LAN1 port is connected to a 24 port switch which runs the majority of my devices.

If I plug additional devices into the spare router ports they receive a link and appear to have an IP address, any status lights on the devices themselves appear to indicate everything is fine and they have internet connectivity. The issue is, the devices appear to be un-routable to anything connected via the main switch and I have no idea why. Sometimes it's patchy, some devices on the main switch can see the items plugged into 2/3/4 on the router but the vast majority can not.

I was running VLANs on the router (IoT etc) and considered this may be causing an issue, however when I checked the only VLAN that was tagged for Port 2 / 3 / 4 was the untagged main VLAN and the devices connected to the router ports were receiving a DHCP address on the main untagged VLAN.

Regardless, I disabled all VLAN support and configuration across the entire router to rule it out, so I'm assuming all traffic is currently untagged.
Still the problem persists.

I really need these ports working as I don't want to purchase and use an additional switch for 2 devices.
Can someone please provide some suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.