DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Gaming with the Vigor2927 (Nat Type and Ping)

• tazladd
  • Topic Author
More
23 Jan 2021 13:21 #1 by tazladd
Hello guys,

I recently bought the 2927 and have noticed my NAT TYPE is moderate when gaming on the xbox series x, what is the best way to resolve this and make it Open?

Also is it possible that the xbox can rate limit the download speed? Like I can do an internet test on the xbox itself and it tells me the download speed is way higher than it uses on downloads I am doing on the xbox :(

I get apparently 18ms ping too, is this quite high. Should I be concerned with that?

Thanks

TazLadd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• markpi
  • User
  • User
More
29 Jan 2021 14:03 #2 by markpi
There's a few different things here. The network speed test on the Xbox tells you the fastest the console is capable of getting get on that connection (at that moment).
What do you see there?
The Xbox X generally seems to max out at maybe 300Mbps. I suspect nothing much you can do to improved that.

There there's the speed you get when downloading. I often see that at 150-200Mbps. I guess it will vary depend on how busy their servers are, again probably little you can do.

For the Nat type make sure the Xbox is wired directly to a LAN port on the router (any switches could add delays).
You could also possibly look at assigning it to a DMZ on the router, but if you're not experiencing any issues you're probably best off not messing with that.

For ping time, usually anything less than 20ms is considered very fast so 18ms should be absolutely fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.