2865 WiFi to LAN routing problem

• john rumm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Oct 2021 15:37 #1 by john rumm
2865 WiFi to LAN routing problem was created by john rumm
I have a newly installed 2865ac on a client's site. Nearly everything is working fine, but there is one odd problem with Wifi.

Wifi clients can connect, and can access the internet. They can also ping the router itself and access its management web interface. However they can't access any of the devices on the wired LAN. All the config options to isolate members or VPNs etc are turned off.

Router firmware is 4.3.2_BT.
Currently running FTTC on WAN2 via a V130. A second SoGEA connection on WAN1 is due to go live shortly but currently WAN1 is not connected.

Wifi is configured on both 2.4 and 5GHz bands with the same SSID. Authentication only via 802.11x and an external RADIUS server.

So far we have connected three different Win 10 laptops to the wifi, and they all have the same issue. (They work fine in other offices with similar setups on 2862 routers).

If I ping the default gateway, I get a response, if I ping a wired device, I get a destination unreachable error. If the same laptop VPNs into the router from the WAN, then it can see the wired devices as expected.

I spoke to draytek support, and they were also stumped... Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.