Virgin Leased Line (wires only) Draytek 2865 configuration

• techcareict
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 Apr 2023 12:42 #1 by techcareict
Hi all hope someone can help?
We have just had Virgin DIA leased line service installed, its wires only service so doesn't include the usual Cisco router managed by Virgin and
just has the Alcatel-Lucent OS6250-8M NTE equipment that goes before the Cisco router.
I was expecting to be presented with a /29 IP range to configure the connection and WAN IP alias's to but I have been given two IP ranges, a /30 range as WAN IP side and a /29 range as LAN IP side (the LAN side I assume is what their Cisco router would normally present).
I can successfully connect using the /30 WAN IP details which gives a single useable IP but I am not able to connect using the /29 IP details that contains our allocated 6x external IP's.

How do I configure the connection to be able to access and use the /29 IP range and our 6x external IP addresses on our Draytek 2865?

Virgin have told me they are unable to help as its a wires only service and they say the information provided is all I need.
At this stage I am not certain if the IP information provided is incorrect or I am attempting to configure the connection incorrectly because when the NTE equipment was getting installed the engineer started installing a Cisco router until he was made aware by his support that it was wires only.

Any advice very much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.