Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830 Multi-LAN Relay Agent/DNS servers

• cazahenha
  • Topic Author
More
08 Jun 2011 07:54 #1 by cazahenha
2830 Multi-LAN Relay Agent/DNS servers was created by cazahenha
Hi everyone,

I have a 2830 at one of our branch offices and using the Multi-Lan facility. I've configured a LAN-LAN VPN on the 2820 with "LAN 2" on the branch using the network ip 192.168.3.0 and the DHCP server is enabled. Everything over the VPN is working fine, however the problem occurs with DNS resolution as the DHCP for lan 2 is using the fixed DNS servers i've configured in "LAN 1". Optimally I would like to use a relay agent to our Head Office, but alternatively I could settle with just changing the dns servers for LAN 2. From the "system status" page it gives the impression that different DNS servers can be set for each of the LAN, otherwise I'm not sure why it bothers to list the same DNS server for each lan, however it doesn't look like this can be done from the web admin. Does anyone know if it is possible to do either of the above from the CLI.

Worst case senario I suppose I could swap LAN 2 with LAN 1 and configure the relay agent, however I don't really want to mess that much with the router I have almost fully configured. Also if I do swap the two LANs around, will the fixed DNS servers I have configured still apply to the other LANs 2,3 & 4 and more importantly if I configure LAN 1 with the relay agent will the DHCP servers for the other LANs still work?

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks,

Caza

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.