DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

IPSec with 2750 to Zyxel USG1000

• dougzz
  • Topic Author
More
10 Mar 2013 17:54 #1 by dougzz
IPSec with 2750 to Zyxel USG1000 was created by dougzz
I want to connect my 2750 to the company network which uses a Zyxel USG1000. Have maybe 20 VPNs in place with the USG1000 using Sentinel and Greenbow software clients, and various Zyxel and Netgear home routers. No joy with the Draytek yet. The obvious problem is I can't enter the local and remote ID fields, where you usually put a DNS, Email or IP address, mostly doesn't matter so long as both devices match, remote to local. Emailed Draytek support and was told it was odd. Follow up from them was that these fields are only used in Aggressive mode, not Main mode. Completely different to all the other devices/software I've seen where these are used in Main mode and must match. Anyone have any comment or experience of this. I really wanted to use the Draytek as it combines VPN, Wireless and VDSL modem into the one device.
This is my first experience of Draytek, but they seem to combine decent product with out of date poor documentation and iffy support. Zyxel were like this at one time but I feel have improved greatly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2014 21:32 #2 by adw
Replied by adw on topic Re: IPSec with 2750 to Zyxel USG1000
I know that this is an old thread, but I'm having a very similar problem with a new Vigor 2830n and a Zyxel ZyWall USG-1000 IPSec site-to-site VPN. I just cannot get them to connect!
If anyone has achieved this or can offer any advice, I'd be grateful for any help.

dougzz, if you're still here, did you ever get it working?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami