2760 VPN

• astart
  • Topic Author
More
19 Jul 2014 14:13 #1 by astart
2760 VPN was created by astart
Hi,
I may be missing something very straightforward here but:
I am trying to set up a VPN between two sites. 192.168.1.xxx has a PC with data shared on it. 192.168.2.xxx is a remote site with one PC requiring access to the shared data. I purchased 2 x Vigor 2760 and am trying to follow these instructions:
http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=5265&Itemid=293&lang=en
However - neither of the routers has the options for 'Dial In'. I even updated to new firmware.
I have set the site with the files to share as the Dial-Out - always-on. However, I have no idea how to set up the remote site as 'Dial In' is not on the Web UI.
Can anyone point me the right way please?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2014 11:18 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2760 VPN
Dial-in VPN is not supported on the Vigor 2760.

Forum Administrator

• astart
  • Topic Author
More
21 Jul 2014 20:18 #3 by astart
Replied by astart on topic Re: 2760 VPN
I see.
This article then is a huge disappointment.
http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=5265&Itemid=293&lang=en
It does seem to me like it's referring to the 2760 which is why I purchased these two.

More
01 Aug 2014 16:13 #4 by takeo_ischi
Replied by takeo_ischi on topic Re: 2760 VPN
The article does say:

Please note: Dial-in VPN feature is only available on specific variants of the Vigor 2760 series. Please check with your supplier/distributor in your region.

But I agree, it's not very prominent.

I remember reading somewhere on these forums that you can convert some of the 27XX series to use the DrayOS firmware as opposed to the dumbed-down standard firmware. If so, that might allow you to have both dial-in and dial-out connections.

• astart
  • Topic Author
More
02 Aug 2014 16:44 #5 by astart
Replied by astart on topic Re: 2760 VPN
Thanks for the info. I think I have caused Draytek to update the article.
In dis-belief that I could have missed that statement, I pulled a printout from my folder which shows on the 18th July that statement definitely wasn't there!!

My customer is now using "Remote Dial In User".
It's not at all transparent as a proper VPN - and is causing headaches teaching people to connect and disconnect as needed.
This really wasn't what I wanted for them.
Neither Draytek nor the supplier can offer a trade-up, so I am stuck with this unfortunate situation.

Thanks for suggesting different firmware. Draytek have already warned me not to try changing the firmware!!.

More
04 Aug 2014 18:35 #6 by takeo_ischi
Replied by takeo_ischi on topic Re: 2760 VPN

astart wrote: Thanks for the info. I think I have caused Draytek to update the article.
In dis-belief that I could have missed that statement, I pulled a printout from my folder which shows on the 18th July that statement definitely wasn't there!!

(...)

Neither Draytek nor the supplier can offer a trade-up, so I am stuck with this unfortunate situation.

That's pretty poor of them, I must say.

astart wrote: Thanks for suggesting different firmware. Draytek have already warned me not to try changing the firmware!!.

I would say you have nothing to lose and everything to gain...

Moderators: Sami