DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Connecting 2820n to a 2860n

More
23 Sep 2014 08:28 #7 by takeo_ischi
Replied by takeo_ischi on topic Re: Connecting 2820n to a 2860n

akwe-xavante wrote: Logged into the VPN Server (Home) router using putty and offered the command log -ct

I get the following result:

CHAP Login Failed (VPN: L2L Dial Out, Profile Index = 1, Name = COTTAGE, ifno = 10)
Incoming Call Failed: No Such Entry For Henry

Who or what on earth is Henry!?
Not knowingly entered the name / word Henry at all. Does anybody know where this entry may be within the setup?

It looks like you've set up a Lan to Lan profile on the HOME router, which is called COTTAGE and, unless I'm reading incorrectly, the HOME router is dialing out; regardless of whoever Henry is, this is clearly a mistake in the configuration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• akwe-xavante
  • Topic Author
More
23 Sep 2014 11:25 #8 by akwe-xavante
Replied by akwe-xavante on topic Re: Connecting 2820n to a 2860n
Tried removing profiles from both routers and started again from the beginning, no joy.

Reset factory defaults on both routers and started again from the begining, sorted first time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The kids have no excusses now, they can get there homework done on a weekend and holidays and they have access to all there stuff. Wife happy too.

MS Windows mapped Drives just automatically sorted themselfs out and connected up.

Bugger.................... My Linux Laptop needs a little bit of extra configuration / setting up much to the ammusement of the rest of the family.

Thank you to all those who helped me sort this out, i'll never know where the problem was unfortunatly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami