DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor2760n VPN problem

• ambrosj@delbry.com
  • Topic Author
More
25 Jan 2015 23:03 #1 by ambrosj@delbry.com
Vigor2760n VPN problem was created by ambrosj@delbry.com
Hello, I recently purchased a new Vigor2760n Router, its all configured and working perfectly with the exception of VPN.

I am trying to configure VPN to work with "PPTP" or ideally "L2TP with IPsec" and am following instructions supplied on the Draytek website (albeit not for a 2760n as I can't find any explicitly for this model).

I have been unable to configure VPN successfully as unable to connect, I am trying to connect using Windows 8 and have installed "Smart VPN Client" (have also tried Android version on my phone).

The scenario I am trying to do is a Teleworker connecting to my Routers Network. I have a NAS box and wanting to access it via VPN (which by the way works OK without VPN using FTP via Vigor2760n router).

Any advice much appreciated as I am out of ideas, do I need to enable any ports not highlighted in documentation?

Many thanks in advance, John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2015 06:01 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Vigor2760n VPN problem
The vigor2760 does not support vpn dial-in, only dial out. You cannot dial into it from your PC.

http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/soho/vigor-2760

Forum Administrator

• ambrosj@delbry.com
  • Topic Author
More
26 Jan 2015 09:23 #3 by ambrosj@delbry.com
Replied by ambrosj@delbry.com on topic Re: Vigor2760n VPN problem
Thanks admin, misread articles before buying it, plenty of instructions on VPN LAN to LAN, now makes sense what you tell me. I will find out which other Draytek products do what I need and try and flog the 2760n, thanks again :)
John

More
26 Jan 2015 12:00 #4 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Vigor2760n VPN problem
Vigor 2860 or 2830 series does it.

Just for clarity, if you have the original Linux based V2760 model (not today's ones) then it could do dial-in VPN but it wasn't part of the official supported spec.

Forum Administrator

Moderators: Sami