Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VPN & Firewall?

• legal
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jan 2015 12:20 #1 by legal
VPN & Firewall? was created by legal
Need a simple explanation!
How do the "Strict Firewall" and the "filter rules" impact on VPN connections. I know that if I use Passthrough then the filter rules apply to that, but do any of them apply to using the Vigor (2820 or 2860) own VPN server?
We find that using passthrough to terminate at a Windows VPN server enables network resources (folders etc) to be visible & browsable by name (rather than IP) but that if using the Vigors VPN Server then it is not passing details along!
Can some OP help?, as while a long standing Draytek user I do find that their online support could benefit from much more updating & detailed user guides especially bearing in mind that these are not cheap consumer units! (note for Admins:-))

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2015 21:04 #2 by lectrician
Replied by lectrician on topic Re: VPN & Firewall?
You need to setup firewall rules to allow WAN to LAN and LAN to WAN for the remote and local IP subnets. Do the full subnet to allow all.

• legal
  • Topic Author
More
03 Feb 2015 12:24 #3 by legal
Replied by legal on topic Re: VPN & Firewall?
Thanks - can you confirm is it "WAN" > LAN or is it the WAN subnet (as it comes throgh the Draytek VPN server) set as being "VPN" - the In & OUt rules seem to have both options - I suppose I could try trial & error, because again the Draytek instructions/documentation could benefot with more clarity:-)

Moderators: Sami