Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Smart VPN

• talltommy
  • Topic Author
More
29 Mar 2018 12:53 #1 by talltommy
Smart VPN was created by talltommy
Hi All,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but i am trying to configure the Smart VPN software. Do i need to setup the relevant ports in NAT to allow this to work? I am using a Vigor 2860. I have a firewall filter on to block everything and then have one exception for a specific purpose. I wasn't sure if the software took care of the tunnelling part of it or whether i do need to open up certain ports to allow it through. I am using the SSL option. If i do need to open ports then which one/s?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2018 14:12 #2 by ccarmock
Replied by ccarmock on topic Re: Smart VPN
Just saw this - I have a VPN setup using SmartVPN on a 2860.

I didn't need to make any firewall adjustments, just enable services under VPN and Remote Access -> Remote Access control
and define IP ranges for dial in under VPN -> PPP general setup and users under VPN -> Remote Dial-in User

More
04 Aug 2018 11:21 #3 by davealford
Replied by davealford on topic Re: Smart VPN
If you've changed default rule to "deny" and you have filters enabled then you may need to add a LAN/DMZ/RT/VPN->LAN/DMZ/RT/VPN ALLOW rule. You'll need to decide what you wnt to pass (individual services/ports) and if running multiple LANs you'll also need to decide on source/destination IPs/networks/groups you want to allow VPN access to/from. I set up aliases for all my services and networks/LANs then create service groups and IP groups. These can then be used in the firewall rules to control VPN access as well as inter LAN traffic - they can get confusing mind

Moderators: Sami