DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Setting up ExpressVPN with a Vigor 2960

• daedalus
  • Topic Author
More
20 Aug 2018 15:32 #1 by daedalus
Setting up ExpressVPN with a Vigor 2960 was created by daedalus
Hi has anyone had any experience of trying to setup ExpressVPN on a Vigor 2960. ExpressVPN have lots of details on the support section of their site for Asus and TP-Link and they say that they know people have done it with Draytek kit but they don't have a "how to" for it. Just a note I was using Freedome as my VPN and was getting speeds of 70Mb, now on ExpressVPN and getting 120Mb, not sure if anything will come along to match the speed of 380Mb I get without the VPN on using Virgin.

Cheers and thanks in advance guys, someone usually has an answer on here.

Daedlaus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2018 16:03 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Setting up ExpressVPN with a Vigor 2960
They have a how-to for the "DrayOS" routers: https://www.expressvpn.com/support/vpn-setup/draytek-drayos-l2tp/ . You might be able to guess your way through the 2960 setup using that. (Maybe choose the 'lesser' of all the options initially, to see if it connects - then revisit and try and select the 'better' ones, one at a time?. (I had to do this, just to get two disparate Vigors to connect.)

I notice the 2960 now supports OpenVPN ... as do ExpressVPN. Perhaps you can follow one of the other Router's guides for this? I've never used OpenVpn, but its setup seems to revolve around a config. file that you download from ExpressVPN...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami