Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Router resets upon connecting to OpenVPN

• drgr33n
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Mar 2019 18:36 #1 by drgr33n
Hey All, I've got a Vigor 2862 and love the thing except a little niggle. I've been trying to get the OpenVPN dial in option working with this router and failing miserably. So, first I setup a PKI and generated some keys using easyrsa3. All the certificates check out when verifying them with openssl and my router accepts them with no complaints but I couldn't get a connection. So I found a little write up where someone set this up using XCA.I generated a set of certificates with XCA and those work. I get confirmation that they've been accepted for the connection.

WWRSun Mar 24 18:08:51 2019 us=612783 VERIFY OK: depth=1, C=GB, ST=, L=, O=, OU=, CN=root, emailAddress=rootATdrgr33n.local
Sun Mar 24 18:08:51 2019 us=612976 VERIFY OK: depth=0, C=GB, ST=, L=, O=, OU=, CN=XX.XX.XX.XX, emailAddress=zarrenspryATgmail.com

After this occurs, everyone get's booted while a connection is trying to establish, then the router resets? Total lights out for a few seconds then it comes back online. Did anyone hear of this issue before? It's a real head scratcher as I can lift all this and pop it into a standard OpenVPN server install and it works as expected. The only thing in the logs are these lines about a hard reset.

2019-03-24 18:34:32 OpenVPN (VPN-0, **.**.**.***) HARD RESET V2, start negotiation
2019-03-24 18:34:16 OpenVPN (VPN-0, **.**.**.***) HARD RESET V2, start negotiation
2019-03-24 18:34:07 OpenVPN (VPN-0, **.**.**.***) HARD RESET V2, start negotiation

This isn't really my department and I've not got a clue where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.