DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Questions - 2930n as repeater and 2925 access restrictions

• eddscott
  • Topic Author
More
22 Jun 2017 11:02 #1 by eddscott
I have a couple of questions so hope its easier to have them both in the same thread.

1) I have a 2925 downstairs and a 2930n in the attic set up as a repeater. My issue is that it works for a while (My phone finds it no problem and shows excellent connection) then just stops working - anything that tries to connect only gets a very poor signal from the 2925. I have to turn it off then on again and it works again, for a while. I have them both on the same SSID - would it help (and is it possible) to give the 2930n repeater a different SSID?

2) very different issue here. I am struggling to set up access restrictions to wifi on the 2925. What I want to do is stop the kids being able to access wifi after 9pm. Rather than the confrontation of taking things off them if I stop the internet and claim ignorance then war is averted :)

I have set up the schedule but can't seem to isolate the MAC address of the phones and link them to the schedule. At the moment wifi just goes off at 9 for all of us (Arguably no bad thing) but I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong.

Any help with either issue would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami