DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 120 - Loss of connectivity

• andy_e
  • Topic Author
More
21 Aug 2011 14:51 #1 by andy_e
Vigor 120 - Loss of connectivity was created by andy_e
I have a Vigor 120 connected to an Apple Extreme router. When my network is not in use for a day or more the connection to my ISP (was Pipex now Talk Talk) seems to be dropped. Rebooting the Vigor normally cures this but I need remote connections and this gives me a major problem. Has anyone else experienced something similar and how did you cure it?
Thanks Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2012 21:58 #2 by nickk
Replied by nickk on topic Re: Vigor 120 - Loss of connectivity
I know it's been months since your question... but yes we suffer from the same problem. We've had to remove all of our V120 V2 units from service (6 or 7 of them) as they were dropping the connections, usually overnight. No issue with 110 or 120 V1 models. We are now using Zooms which have been perfect.

Nick

• andy_e
  • Topic Author
More
19 Feb 2012 14:47 #3 by andy_e
Replied by andy_e on topic Re: Vigor 120 - Loss of connectivity
Nick,
Many thanks. I'll try Zooms (by the way, which models?) as I had to retire my Vigor 120 as well.
Andy

More
14 Mar 2012 11:08 #4 by dewidaniels
Replied by dewidaniels on topic Re: Vigor 120 - Loss of connectivity
I seem to have the same problem with my recently purchased Vigor 120. Twice so far, it's dropped the connection. The first time was when I was out of the office for a week. The second time was over a weekend.

More
12 Apr 2012 11:41 #5 by tombeetham
Replied by tombeetham on topic Re: Vigor 120 - Loss of connectivity
I have been experiencing frequent dropped connections & they are linked to incoming telephone
calls.It was after every call,but since ive upgraded to firmware 3.2.6 it is approx. every third call.
Vigor 120 works in different locations to mine so I figure problem lies with external line but BT has checked the line & says it is OK

More
12 Oct 2012 12:36 #6 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: Vigor 120 - Loss of connectivity
have the same problem here with the V120s dropping out randomly. They worked fine for about 6 months then all of a sudden they constantly drop the PPPoE

Moderators: Sami