DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VDSL connection is getting lost once a day

• chavell3
  • Topic Author
More
28 Apr 2021 19:59 #1 by chavell3
Hello everybody.
I'm reaching out to you folks, as I have a problem with my Vigor 165(FW is on a current level)
I have an VDSL connection with Super-Vectoring and the speed is synchronized at the start of the router at around 190-200Mbit.
Unfortunatly my VDSL connection is getting lost at least once a day.
Unless after around 10 or some more days, after that the connection turned down to around 180Mbit and the connection is running continously without any problems.
Does anybody know if it's possible to manually configure the VDSL connection speed to around 180Mbit?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
29 Apr 2021 10:10 #2 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: VDSL connection is getting lost once a day
That model is not designed, available or approved for use in the UK so there will be few or no responses from folk with any experience of using it.

On the Vigor 130 you can increase/decrease the SNR, increaseing SNR lowers speed and helps stability.

In the Console you would type vdsl snr (any value from 1-50 )

vdsl snr 10 would probably do the trick IF that command is available on that model.

• chavell3
  • Topic Author
More
29 Apr 2021 16:31 #3 by chavell3
Replied by chavell3 on topic Re: VDSL connection is getting lost once a day
thanks,

I will try that

More
29 Apr 2021 22:41 #4 by edinburgh
Replied by edinburgh on topic Re: VDSL connection is getting lost once a day

AdrianH54 wrote:
That model is not designed, available or approved for use in the UK so there will be few or no responses from folk with any experience of using it.

On the Vigor 130 you can increase/decrease the SNR, increaseing SNR lowers speed and helps stability.

In the Console you would type vdsl snr (any value from 1-50 )

vdsl snr 10 would probably do the trick IF that command is available on that model.

I'm sorry, but:

- firstly, it's not ANY value. It clearly says that delta 1 = 0.1db. So, 'vdsl snr 10' will increase the SNR by 1db;

- secondly, 'vdsl snr' is available on any Draytek VDSL/ADSL router; the question is whether the DSLAM supports this kind of user intervention; and

- thirdly, Vigor 165 has STD, MDM1, 2 and 3 firmware, so it doesn't matter whether it's a UK or not a UK model, and a router is a router, not a special UK/non-UK type of router.

The only difference would be whether it's Annex A or B and in relation to ADSL. In Germany and Poland, it's Annex B and so routers that are Annex A don't work there (I know that from experience).

The only difference (in terms of VDSL standards/profile) between, say my 2762 and his 165, is that the latter supports 35b (but still not G.fast).

More
29 Apr 2021 22:48 #5 by edinburgh
Replied by edinburgh on topic Re: VDSL connection is getting lost once a day

Chavell3 wrote:
Hello everybody.
I'm reaching out to you folks, as I have a problem with my Vigor 165(FW is on a current level)
I have an VDSL connection with Super-Vectoring and the speed is synchronized at the start of the router at around 190-200Mbit.
Unfortunatly my VDSL connection is getting lost at least once a day.
Unless after around 10 or some more days, after that the connection turned down to around 180Mbit and the connection is running continously without any problems.
Does anybody know if it's possible to manually configure the VDSL connection speed to around 180Mbit?

Thanks.

So, what is your actual problem? Isn't 180 close to 190/200?

You can try different firmware types to see if it helps, and then try different modem codes.

• chavell3
  • Topic Author
More
30 Apr 2021 07:57 #6 by chavell3
Replied by chavell3 on topic Re: VDSL connection is getting lost once a day
Hey,
the problem is, that the router first connects with around 190mbit(and daily conection Problems) and after about 10 or more days the speed turns down to around 180mbit and working fine with that…
It seems it has something to do with the signal negotiation between router and the DSLAM.