DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Can I access the Vigor 130's web interface when still connected to my LAN via my router?

• galvatronjb
  • Topic Author
More
26 Jan 2022 20:24 #1 by galvatronjb
Hi,

I've got a DrayTek Vigor 130, which is connected via its ethernet port to the WAN port on my router, in modem/bridge mode. It's web interface is on 192.168.2.1.

My router (Asus GT-AC5300)'s web interface is on 192.168.1.1 (and all its clients are on the 192.168.1.x subnet).

While it does have DHCP for most devices, my main PC that i'd like to visit the vigor's web interface on is connected to the router via a static IP of 192.168.1.3, a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and Default Gateway & DNS servers of 192.168.1.1

My question is, is it possible to access the Vigor's web interface from a device that's connected to my router?
Currently in order to access the vigor's web interface, I have to plug the Vigor directly into my PC via ethernet, then change my PC's static IP settings to 192.168.2.x, at which point it will see the web interface.

I've tried putting the Vigor's IP address onto a free slot on 192.168.1.x, but that made no difference in terms of connecting to the web interface through my router's connection.

Is this possible, if so, how?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
  • galvatronjb
  • Topic Author
More
27 Jan 2022 18:34 #3 by galvatronjb

hornbyp wrote:
See https://www.draytek.com/support/knowledge-base/5212

Hi, yes I've seen that page but unfortunately I don't have a "WAN" option in settings for my 130, only one for LAN.

More
28 Jan 2022 04:20 #4 by hornbyp
There are a few different flavours of Vigor 130 around - and I don't have any of them, so can't really comment further.

However, a bigger issue - that I hadn't spotted - is that you have an ASUS Router. I don't know if that could implement Draytek's scheme anyway (vlan tagging).

In case you've not realised, the issue is, that when you try and access 192.168.2.1, your Router has no idea where that is, so it NATS the traffic and sends it to your ISP's Default Gateway (which is equally in the dark). What you really want to do, is add a second, static, IP address to your Router's WAN that is on the 192.168.2.0/24 network. (I have no idea how that's done on an ASUS router.)

More
03 Feb 2022 23:08 #5 by eveares
You could do what I once did many years ago, feed the Vigor 130 into a simple unmanaged switch, and then feed both your routers WAN (for PPPoE) and LAN (For 130 Management) ports from that unmanaged switch.

More
04 Feb 2022 08:07 #6 by piste basher
"but unfortunately I don't have a "WAN" option in settings for my 130, only one for LAN."

This makes no sense to me, the WAN settings are under "Internet Access"

Note that the "Customer" and "Service" boxes for VLAN tag are the other way round on UK 130's to the config shown in the Draytek article.

Moderators: Sami