DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

ISDN line no connection.

• prefuse
  • Topic Author
More
08 Feb 2010 16:35 #1 by prefuse
ISDN line no connection. was created by prefuse
Hello, just setting up my IPPBX 2820. I have connected an ISDN line and set index 3 to ISDN2-TE to allow a line connection but I do not get a green light flashing to say available for line, the other ISDN port flashes orange to allow an ISDN phone though. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul -

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2010 23:49 #2 by asimm.it
Replied by asimm.it on topic ISDN line no connection.
Hi Paul,

If you are getting no green light on your ISDN2-TE port it means that there is no connection between the ISDN2e wall box and the IPPBX2820.

You should be getting a steady green light if everything is working correctly and the light should only flash when there is data/voice in use on the line i.e when a call is being made/received.

What firmware are you running on your IPPBX 2820?

Are you using the supplied (yellow) cable? And is this plugged directly into the IPPBX 2820 ISDN2-TE port and to the ISDN2e wall device i.e you have not used any ISDN phone adapters at either end of this cable?

Which port have you plugged it into on the ISDN2e wall device left or right?

Have you got a Green service light on your ISDN2e wall device? And if so is it steady green or blinking?

• prefuse
  • Topic Author
More
22 Feb 2010 09:44 #3 by prefuse
Replied by prefuse on topic ISDN line no connection.

asimm.it wrote: Hi Paul,

If you are getting no green light on your ISDN2-TE port it means that there is no connection between the ISDN2e wall box and the IPPBX2820.

You should be getting a steady green light if everything is working correctly and the light should only flash when there is data/voice in use on the line i.e when a call is being made/received.

What firmware are you running on your IPPBX 2820?

Are you using the supplied (yellow) cable? And is this plugged directly into the IPPBX 2820 ISDN2-TE port and to the ISDN2e wall device i.e you have not used any ISDN phone adapters at either end of this cable?

Which port have you plugged it into on the ISDN2e wall device left or right?

Have you got a Green service light on your ISDN2e wall device? And if so is it steady green or blinking?

Hello, thanks for your reply.

Some background info - I currently have a SWYX VOIP system running off ISDN30 with 12 lines. I am trying to plug up the ISDN to the Vigor as a backup. I have a Vigorphone 350 working over ADSL so that part is working fine.

I do not know much about the equipment (BT) on the wall but it's quite a large box that the ISDN lines come in to. There is a cable (CAT5) plugged in a port with a green light that goes to the ISDN card on the SWYX server. All of that is working fine.

There is a second cable that I have plugged to the ISDN hardware on the wall and the other end to the Vigor IPPBX, but no green light on either end.

It's hard to see the BT hardware as it's in a cupboard under the stairs, there are quite a few ports on it but only one green light with the cable going to the current VOIP server.

:?

More
22 Feb 2010 13:56 #4 by ittel123
Replied by ittel123 on topic ISDN line no connection.

prefuse wrote:
There is a second cable that I have plugged to the ISDN hardware on the wall and the other end to the Vigor IPPBX, but no green light on either end.

It's hard to see the BT hardware as it's in a cupboard under the stairs, there are quite a few ports on it but only one green light with the cable going to the current VOIP server.

Are you running 3.5.4 (final) firmware.

A bug was fixed which didn't allow ISDN calls over one of the ISDN sockets.

We tried enabling MSN on the line, but in the end, switched ISDN sockets on the Draytek fixed the problem.

This was then fixed in firmware (according to the release notes) by Draytek the other day.

More
24 Feb 2010 15:57 #5 by asimm.it
Replied by asimm.it on topic ISDN line no connection.

ittel123 wrote:

prefuse wrote:

Are you running 3.5.4 (final) firmware.

A bug was fixed which didn't allow ISDN calls over one of the ISDN sockets.

We tried enabling MSN on the line, but in the end, switched ISDN sockets on the Draytek fixed the problem.

This was then fixed in firmware (according to the release notes) by Draytek the other day.

Hi ittel,

as far as I can tell prefuse is using the ISDN2-TE port so the firmware should not be an issue. It is more than likely a connection issue i.e cabling or at worse case faulty ports on the IPPBX.

It might be an idea though to upgrade to the latest firmware prefuse and try connecting using the ISDN1-TE port (be sure to change the port settings from ISDN1-S0 to ISDN1-TE in the IPPBX - Phone Settings menu.)

Post back and let us know how you get on.

thanks

More
24 Feb 2010 18:10 #6 by ittel123
Replied by ittel123 on topic ISDN line no connection.

asimm.it wrote:
as far as I can tell prefuse is using the ISDN2-TE port so the firmware should not be an issue. It is more than likely a connection issue i.e cabling or at worse case faulty ports on the IPPBX.

I'll give it a go when I'm back in person. Cheers

Moderators: Sami