DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Incoming Caller ID (CLIP) for ISDN Trunks

• goodie
  • Topic Author
More
17 Feb 2010 20:41 #1 by goodie
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know how to enable Caller ID (CLIP) on incoming calls via the ISDN Trunks?

I have an ISDN2e line with CLIP feature connected to the IPPBX 2820.

Currently all incoming calls are displayed as 904 which is the extension number for ISDN2-TE.

I am using IPPBX 2820 (f/w 3.5.4 RC5) and VigorPhone 350 (f/w 12202.26.1.03i)

It's quite frustrating as all missed calls show as 904 meaning I am unable to call the person back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Goodie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2010 13:59 #2 by ittel123
Replied by ittel123 on topic Re: Incoming Caller ID (CLIP) for ISDN Trunks

Goodie wrote:

It's quite frustrating as all missed calls show as 904 meaning I am unable to call the person back.

We're also suffering from that issue. It's not fixed in the newer firmware.

So it's either a provider issue (BT, Draytel etc) or a bug/feature that needs fixing or enabling.

More
24 Feb 2010 15:53 #3 by asimm.it
Replied by asimm.it on topic Re: Incoming Caller ID (CLIP) for ISDN Trunks

ittel123 wrote:

Goodie wrote:

We're also suffering from that issue. It's not fixed in the newer firmware.

So it's either a provider issue (BT, Draytel etc) or a bug/feature that needs fixing or enabling.

We're also suffering with the same issue. I am currently in contact with BT and DrayTek on this as the ISDN Line we have with BT should have CLIP (it is an additional line feature which we ordered at the same time as the line). DrayTek have checked the logs of the IPPBX and say that the "Calling Party Number" is missing from the logs thus indicating that the feature is not present on the ISDN line.

I will post back once we have confirmation from BT that the feature is present and is working correctly on the line. If this happens then the ball is back in the DrayTek court so to speak.

Cheers!

More
24 Feb 2010 18:25 #4 by ittel123
Replied by ittel123 on topic Re: Incoming Caller ID (CLIP) for ISDN Trunks

asimm.it wrote:
We're also suffering with the same issue. I am currently in contact with BT and DrayTek on this as the ISDN Line we have with BT should have CLIP (it is an additional line feature which we ordered at the same time as the line). DrayTek have checked the logs of the IPPBX and say that the "Calling Party Number" is missing from the logs thus indicating that the feature is not present on the ISDN line.

I will post back once we have confirmation from BT that the feature is present and is working correctly on the line. If this happens then the ball is back in the DrayTek court so to speak.

I'm reliably informed that the line our customer is using for their 2820 IPPBX, has incoming caller ID enabled.

It's up to the phone system to process it.

So I guess something needs fixing/enabling/ticking on the IPPBX?

Our call logs show bunches or incoming/outgoing ext 904, rather than the caller ID.

More
25 Feb 2010 03:23 #5 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Incoming Caller ID (CLIP) for ISDN Trunks
I'm not sure but maybe there are ISDN logs from telnet which might show the incoming caller ID to confirm it's being delivered by BT (log -i )

Forum Administrator

More
25 Feb 2010 11:47 #6 by asimm.it
Replied by asimm.it on topic Incoming Caller ID (CLIP) for ISDN Trunks

admin wrote: I'm not sure but maybe there are ISDN logs from telnet which might show the incoming caller ID to confirm it's being delivered by BT (log -i )

its actually log -it

and quite rightly this needs to be performed from telnet or hyperterminal console.

One thing to note is that it is best if you perform this task whilst a call is still on the line.
Also if performing this task its a good idea to look at the peer id column within Extension Monitor from the IPPBX/PBX Status menu as if it only shows the trunk extension i.e 903* or 904* then there is no caller id being passed from the line.

Moderators: Sami