DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VigorPhone 350 Expire time

More
26 Feb 2011 13:55 #1 by haywardi
VigorPhone 350 Expire time was created by haywardi
Hi

Can someone help me.

I'm using this phone to connect to an IPPBX, it registers with no problem but after 60 seconds ish, the PBX reports it as not connected (it's not the same LAN).

By looking through the settings on the 350 I found the expire time field, so up'ed to 3600. Now it registers for an hour and then disconnects. The IPPBX reports it has disconnecting.

I then looked up the meaning of this field as the documentation just says enter the expire time, not what the field does. In summary it would appear this field is the length of time the phone stays registered on the PBX before re-registration is required..... However, the 350 doesn't appear to be re-registering,it just stays offline.

Is this a fault/bug, or is another setting required to get the phone to reregister???

Please advise.
Iain

Iain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2011 13:56 #2 by haywardi
Replied by haywardi on topic Re: VigorPhone 350 Expire time
Sorry just noticed a typing error on the previous post. It should say the 350 is ON the same LAN as the PBX.
Iain

Iain

• asimm.it
  • User
  • User
More
01 Mar 2011 22:59 #3 by asimm.it
Replied by asimm.it on topic Re: VigorPhone 350 Expire time
Hi Iain,

This is the same issue I am having with the ippbx 3.5.5.1 firmware.

After a while the extensions show as offline on the ippbx, but still remain logged in on the actual handset (i.e still show the extension number/display name) however when a call is made the phones do not ring!!!

Dunno what causes this issue and I too have played around with the registration times but this does not cure the issue, the vigor phones still randomly show as offline and are then unable to receive calls....... mega frustrating!!!

More
01 Mar 2011 23:20 #4 by haywardi
Hi Lee,

Curious. This may be connected but I didn't check on 3.5.5.1 as I gave up on it. This problem with the 350 has come to light as a result of using an alternative ippbx. I've check sip standards and it's the responsibility of the 350 to reregister when the expire time counter has expired and it clearly isn't reregistering, I'll probably report this as a bug tomorrow.

Connected, it now makes a little sense, when i removed the siemens phone from the equation, I routed incoming calls to the 350 believing them to be solid. But if in fact they are disconnecting 'invisibly' it may explain the reason 3.5.5.1 kept crashing as the phone was in a different state to that expected by the ippbx.

Sorry I can't help with a solution, but maybe someone from draytek/seg could comment?

Iain

Iain

• asimm.it
  • User
  • User
More
01 Mar 2011 23:27 #5 by asimm.it
Replied by asimm.it on topic Re: VigorPhone 350 Expire time
Are you thinking its just a VigorPhone 350 issue then Iain?

I'm only using all DrayTek gear so I cannot try another ip phone to see if this experiences the same issues (plus i'm not at the site and have disabled remote registrations)

All I know is that most of the time the phones are having issues with not ringing or if in the same hunt group only a single one is ringing when set to ring simultaneously and on checking the IPPBX extension monitor it shows the extensions as offline!

Cheers

More
02 Mar 2011 07:09 #6 by haywardi
Hi Lee,

In my opinion, I think there's a connection so yes.

Didn't see your problem on 3.5.5.1 when I was using it, but the problem is very clear using a different pbx, But your symptoms make a great deal of sense why 3.5.5.1 was crashing.

Will seevwhat the support group has to say today and I'll post there answer as soon as they give one....

Iain

Iain