DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

ISDN TRunk Settings

• boaber22
  • Topic Author
More
09 Jun 2011 11:16 #1 by boaber22
ISDN TRunk Settings was created by boaber22
Can anyone tell me what the point of the ISDN trunk settings are for?

The office hours answer mode and non office hours answer mode are not working and the MSN number section seems to override these settings.

Basically we have 2 ISDN trunks with 10 DDI's

Our main number is one of the numbers in our DDI range. I have put this number in the MSN section to go to a Hunt group.

But in the ISDN trunk section I have put answer mode in office hours as this hunt group and auto attendant out of hours. If I take our main number out of the msn section (Thinking that the ISDN Trunk section will deal with call if theres no entry for MSN), I just get a number busy tone!

During office hours we want this DDI number to go straight to a hunt group without auto attendant message.

Out of office hours we want an auto attendant message saying that "our hours are between blah blah, press 0 to leave a voicemail"

Its seems like this scenario wont work as you either need an auto attendant for both office and non-office hours or no Auto Attendant at all.

It would be OK if you could personalise a voicemail greeting on one of the extensions but this is not possible.

Hope this makes sense, anyone got any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2011 12:36 #2 by mpwox11
Replied by mpwox11 on topic Re: ISDN TRunk Settings
Firstly you need to setup the ISDN ports as P-P (Point-to-Point) in PBX System>Phone settings and disable any ISDN trunks you're not using.
Then you need to assign your DDI numbers in the "ISDN Global MSN mapping and route" table, not the MSN table in the individual trunks. These are for MSN numbers which are individual for Point-to-Multipoint ISDN lines, whereas the "global MSN" table is for DDI numbers which span multiple lines - i.e. Point-to-Multipoint ISDN lines.
If it doesn't work after that, let me know and I'll help you. I've just installed two IPPBX3510 systems with ISDNs, so now know all the quirks!

• boaber22
  • Topic Author
More
15 Jun 2011 09:58 #3 by boaber22
Replied by boaber22 on topic Re: ISDN TRunk Settings
Sorry, I forgot to mention that we are using an ippbx 2820.

I think the settings/layout are a bit different and I think I've entered the settings as specifified but still no joy unfortunately.

More
16 Jun 2011 05:43 #4 by mpwox11
Replied by mpwox11 on topic Re: ISDN TRunk Settings
If you upgrade your 2820 to the latest firmware, it makes the web UI the same and a much neater menu structure.

I don't know why yours isn't working. To be honest, I'm not clear from your post what isn't working for you!

From working on the IPPBX350, I know you don't need to enter any number in the ISDN "own number" field. It makes no difference what is put in there. Putting your MSN numbers (but in your case these should be 'global MSN' (i.e. DDI)) and routing them to the correct place should be all that's required.

• boaber22
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jun 2011 10:10 #5 by boaber22
I know, it is slightly confusing sorry. I'll try explain a bit better;

Basically, when people ring in during office hours, we want the call to go to a hunt group.
Out of hours we want the call to go to auto attendant. I have configured the ISDN trunk setting to reflect this, (see link below, sorry if its a bit small, you can still make out hopefully)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v701/boaber22/trunk.jpg

The jist of it is, these settngs are not working. They seem to be overidden by whats in the MSN section (see below)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v701/boaber22/msn.jpg

So, our main number is the msn number 258181 but you can see I've directed this to extension 182 for the meantime.
What we want is when people call in on 258181 they get hunt group during day/auto attendant at night.

If I take 258181 out of the msn section altogether and try to dial in, then I get a call busy/not available tone, so no part of the router is dealing with that incoming call. If I leave it in the msn section and call, I get passed through to extension 182. This is what I was saying about the msn section taking priority. What I want to know is, why isnt the ISDN trunk setting section dealing with this call and passing it to the hunt group during the day and passing it to auto attendant at night as specified? Seems like no matter what you change these settings to it doesnt make a diffrence.

Hopefully This makes more sense

Best Regards

• boaber22
  • Topic Author
More
28 Jun 2011 11:58 #6 by boaber22
Does it matter what one of the ports on the ISDN2 box plugs into the draytek?

http://www.talk-straight.com/images/isdn2.jpg

We have two of these ISDN2 boxes with cables coming from the left hand port in each to the ISDN ports on the draytek