IPPBX 3510 and VigorPhone 350

• davealford
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
27 Jun 2011 16:55 #1 by davealford
IPPBX 3510 and VigorPhone 350 was created by davealford
I’ve just installed an IPPBX3510 with VigorPhone 350 handsets and don’t seem able to adjust the handset volume to an acceptable level. Both speech and hearing is VERY quite when using the handset. When using the speaker and mic for “hands free” the volume is fine.

I’ve upgraded the firmware on the handsets to 122.2.26.107 as the readme file seemed to intimate there was an problem with volume control in previous versions (“2. Changing the gain value in Web UI Voice Settings menu affects volume levels”). Voice settings on the handsets are as follows –

Handset Digital In Gain Level 19
Handset Analog In Gain Level 19
Handset Out Gain Level 19
Speak Out Gain Level 19
Mic Digital In Gain Level 19
Mic Analog In Gain Level 19
Headset Digital In Gain Level 10
Headset Analog In Gain Level 10
Headset Out Gain Level 10

How can we increase the handset volumes to an acceptable level?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2011 16:42 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: IPPBX 3510 and VigorPhone 350
I think there's an issue on the 07 firmware so contact support and await an improved version; they know about it.

Forum Administrator

More
30 Jun 2011 12:58 #3 by baron
Replied by baron on topic Re: IPPBX 3510 and VigorPhone 350
It would be nice if these show-stopping issues were treated with some sort of priority. I cannot believe for a moment that it takes weeks to fix such a bug, a couple of hours should do it. In the meantime resellers and support staff have pissed off customers and we have to waste our time undoing Draytek's problems.

More
30 Jun 2011 14:06 #4 by admin
You've assumed they're not treated with priority, and don't understand that when firmware is changed, it has to be recompilied and then every function tested and reworked to ensure it doesn't impact anything else.

Forum Administrator

More
04 Jul 2011 16:31 #5 by baron
Replied by baron on topic Re: IPPBX 3510 and VigorPhone 350
Of course. This problem was posted about at least half way through May i.e. less that two weeks after release, and now it's July. And typically, new firmware releases include new features, so no, I don't believe that bug fix releases are treated as a priority.

More
05 Jul 2011 07:41 #6 by admin
Well, I can assure you that they are. Of course you want the improvements ASAP, but not meeting your timescales isn't evidence that it's not a priority!

Forum Administrator