DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

How to disable onboard VoIP Ports on Vigor 2820VN

• neptune8271
  • Topic Author
More
01 Oct 2011 02:27 #1 by neptune8271
Hi all

i hope someone out there can help me as i am pulling my hair out.

We do not use the onboard voip ports as we have cisco phones. I need to be able to disable the onboard voip adapters so i can register my cisco phones on port 5060 as it seams to reserve that port for its own use. I have tried changing the ports manually on the cisco phones and on our asterisk server but they ALWAYS register on stupid ports like 45378.

If someone can point me in the right direction it would be appriciated

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nealuk
  • User
  • User
More
03 Oct 2011 11:01 #2 by nealuk
I think what you need is the telnet command to disable VOIP:

'voip sip misc -D 1'

then to commit this to memory, and restart with the amended functionality

sys commit
sys reboot

Regards, Neal

More
16 Nov 2011 00:48 #3 by zxdgkjzdhfj
I'm not sure if I'm having a similar problem with a 2900VG.
I have a Siemens Gigaset VoIP phone on the router's LAN but there's no incoming sound - not even ring tone. I'm wondering if it's being interpreted/intercepted by the router for use on its own VoIP ports even though nothing is configured. It was working on the previous ISP-supplied router but I had this 2900VG in a box and am trying to use it for some extra features. Browsing and wireless are all working but I'm only getting one-way voice.

Any suggestions appreciated.

• neptune8271
  • Topic Author
More
16 Nov 2011 00:57 #4 by neptune8271
I have a gigaset phone as well connected to this router, you do need to turn on a few options in the phone settings, if you pm me your email address I'll send you son info

• briain
  • User
  • User
More
16 Nov 2011 11:05 #5 by briain

zxdgkjzdhfj wrote: I'm not sure if I'm having a similar problem with a 2900VG.
I have a Siemens Gigaset VoIP phone on the router's LAN but there's no incoming sound - not even ring tone. I'm wondering if it's being interpreted/intercepted by the router for use on its own VoIP ports even though nothing is configured. It was working on the previous ISP-supplied router but I had this 2900VG in a box and am trying to use it for some extra features. Browsing and wireless are all working but I'm only getting one-way voice.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Hi

I'd suggest that even though you aren't using the Draytek's internal sip facility, you would be better to avoid 5060 for your Gigaset. I'd suggest that you set the Gigaset to use port 5062 and then go into the Draytek and set up an open port for it (configure an open port entry for TCP on port 5062 and for the LAN IP address of your Gigaset) and see how you get on with that configuration.

Bri

PS I do something similar as I use both the internal sip service (on 5060) for a standard phone plugged into the Draytek and I have another sip phone on 5062 (set as described above). Both register to the same Draytel account and both ring on incoming calls, but both can be used separately (you can call one from the other).

More
16 Nov 2011 12:08 #6 by zxdgkjzdhfj
Many thanks for that. I'm trying it now but the Gigaset has stopped displaying certain configuration pages. I set it to static IP so that the open port stays is fixed and I changed the Draytel account to use 5062 under Telephony Connections. Oddly now I can log into the Gigaset web interface and display most of the configuration pages but the Telephony Connections page just hangs. The page outline is there with the left hand menu but the configuration options in the body no longer appear. I might be doing a factory reset soon.

In principle though, if I don't want to use the POTS ports on the router is it still necessary to change the port and if so why?

@neptune, thanks. If your suggestion is different would you mind posting them here so future readers can benefit?