DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 110 modem driving me nuts

• linker3000
  • Topic Author
More
17 Jun 2009 16:24 #1 by linker3000
Draytek 110 modem driving me nuts was created by linker3000
Well, I got the 2930 running with the Draytek 110 and 120 modems BUT on the 110 there is no option (on mine anyway!) to change to management port from 80 and so inbound connections trying to get to a web server just end up at the modem's web pages and in a general mess.

First two questions:

1) Can you change the 110's management port from 80 to something else - I have found no option on the Web interface, nor via telnet.

2) How the *** do you install new firmware? There's no System Maintenance...firmware upgrade menu option - indeed I have no System Maintenance menu at all!?

OK, so I decided to swap round the 110 and 120 so that the 120 (with management port set to something else) was in the web server firing line...

I manually swapped setups on the 110 and 120. The 110 has now happlily connected to Be (LLU). The 120 syncs to BT but the 2930 router says that the remote end (BT) is not responding. I have done a test with the (original) Draytek 2800 and it hooked up to BT business broadband straight away.

Can anyone confirm what settings I should have on the 120 and 2930 to connect to BT business broadband as this is driving me nuts!

At the moment I have:

2930:

BT = PPPoE, username and password entered, ARP detect (WAN connection), fixed IP entered.

120 modem:

PPPoE/PPPoA, VPI 0, VCI 38, PPPoA, Multimode. Also tried PPPoE

Help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jun 2009 16:40 #2 by louis-m
Replied by louis-m on topic Draytek 110 modem driving me nuts
your BT broadband settings are ok. do you have a static ip?
you mention be*
is that a second connection?

1. you should not be able to get to the 100/110/120 admin from the wan!
the wan ip should be passed to the wan of the router. the router will not show you any adsl info etc, just that its connected and packets etc

2. to upgrade, use router tools v4

make sure your browser isn't caching the settings. try a different browser to be sure.

2820 = 3.3.2_RC5
2950 = 3.2.4

• linker3000
  • Topic Author
More
17 Jun 2009 21:52 #3 by linker3000
Replied by linker3000 on topic Draytek 110 modem driving me nuts
Cheers -

Yes, I am connecting the router to the LAN in order to see its settings. Our LAN is 192.168.200.x and the router's LAN is 192.168.201.x, with my desktop PC multi-homed so it can see the modem

Yes I have a fixed IP and this is keyed in.

Tried IE instead of FF - no change.

Do you have to tell the modem somehow to expect a firmware upgrade or do you just start to send it?

Will have another bash tomorrow.

Any ideas whether you can change the management interface's Web port from 80 to something else like you can on the 120?

More
18 Jun 2009 06:41 #4 by louis-m
just send the firmware from router tools v4. worked for me but earlier versions (inc firmware update tool didn't)
as for the web interface, i've never tried to change it.

Yes, I am connecting the router to the LAN in order to see its settings. Our LAN is 192.168.200.x and the router's LAN is 192.168.201.x, with my desktop PC multi-homed so it can see the modem

shouldn't your lan be on the same as the routers lan? the router should then have a WAN public ip that the 100/110/120 passes to it.
generally to see the stats on the modem, you would have another nic set on the same subnet as the private ip of the modem eg 192.168.1.2

2820 = 3.3.2_RC5
2950 = 3.2.4

• linker3000
  • Topic Author
More
18 Jun 2009 22:23 #5 by linker3000
Replied by linker3000 on topic Draytek 110 modem driving me nuts

louis-m wrote: just send the firmware from router tools v4. worked for me but earlier versions (inc firmware update tool didn't)
as for the web interface, i've never tried to change it.

shouldn't your lan be on the same as the routers lan? the router should then have a WAN public ip that the 100/110/120 passes to it.
generally to see the stats on the modem, you would have another nic set on the same subnet as the private ip of the modem eg 192.168.1.2

Thanks for all that. I only hook the modems directly to the LAN when I need to get to their Web interfaces, afterwards they only go into the WAN ports on the 2930.

Will try a firmware update with v4 tomorrow.

Most importantly, I hooked everything up again this afternoon to have one more go and both modems connected without me changing anything!

Final question: any idea how to change the https port (443) on the 120 and 110 Web interfaces...

The 120 has a web option to change the http port (80), but not https
The 110 has a TELNET option to change the http port but that's it

I have an Intranet server on the LAN and as soon as someone connects and goes to the (https) login page, the 120 'takes over' and gives a page not found error rather than passing the traffic to the Linux server.

More
19 Jun 2009 07:59 #6 by louis-m
maybe you should consider the use of a different subnet & vlan. the 100's etc don't have a password set and i'm not sure if they can. users should not be able to get to this interface.
the above would secure your network a little more and prevent this problem occuring.

2820 = 3.3.2_RC5
2950 = 3.2.4

Moderators: Sami