DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 120 set up

• angliasixty
  • Topic Author
More
29 Jun 2009 21:19 #1 by angliasixty
Vigor 120 set up was created by angliasixty
I have just brought the Vigor 120 modem to replace my sons failing Voyager 120 that he is running on BT isp , it the second Voyager 120 that has failed with heat faults so we decided to replace it with the Vigor 120, we fitted the Vigor 120 with no mods to the system and we cant connect to the internet, the ACT light is blinking , the Internet light is off. I downloaded the Draytex Quick Start Guide and I cant even access the default address of the modem 192.168.1.1 I cant ping it and get a response, I have been through the trouble shooting section of the guide for XP. Any ideas please, as he is back using the Voyager 120 that keeps dropping out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• angliasixty
  • Topic Author
More
29 Jun 2009 21:31 #2 by angliasixty
Replied by angliasixty on topic Typo
Bt Modem should have read 210 not 120

More
30 Jun 2009 10:38 #3 by andyev
Replied by andyev on topic 120 & Apple Extreme
I can help you a little here as I'm also setting up my 120. First of all you need to use 192.168.2.1 to access thr 120. Secondly, the guide is for the US version of the 120 so no good anyway. After soeaking with Draytek support, the Internet light will remain off, but as long as the DSL light is on and stays on then your 120 is synched to the broadband.

Where I'm no struggling is to get my Apple Extreme to now give me access to the Internet on the Sky Broadband.

I have the user name and password, but no joy.

Anyone out there dione this same thing?

Andy

• angliasixty
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jun 2009 18:55 #4 by angliasixty
Replied by angliasixty on topic Update to Vigor 120 setup problem
I can confirm what ANDYEV said the access to the modem is via 192.168.2.1
so all ref to 192.168.1.1 on the Draytex site are incorrect, as is the user guide. I can also confirm that the INTERNET led never lights even when correctly connected to the internet. Many thanks for your help ANDYEV.

My connection problem was due to the fact that the Vigor 120 does not hold user name and password as does the Voyager 210 , so you need to use the XP create a new connection wizard, and enter the user name and password in the wizard.

Its a shame Draytex user guide is not updated to give the correct access IP and tell you to use the XP connection wizard, also mention that there is no internet led illumination even when connected.

All is running very well now, thanks .

More
01 Jul 2009 13:19 #5 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Vigor 120 set up
According to http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor100_setup.html
it does start 192.168.2.1 ...

Forum Administrator

• angliasixty
  • Topic Author
More
01 Jul 2009 14:25 #6 by angliasixty
Replied by angliasixty on topic Find the documentation
Well done you have found what I was looking for, I did not look in Router FAQ as its a modem, and if I had I dont suppose I would have looked in the set up of a Vigor 100 /110 for how to set up a Vigor 120. All I ask is that Draytex ship products with some documentation so that the average buyer can install the product without searching high and low, without having to call support, without having to post on the forum, would two pieces of A4 paper be too much to ask. To ship without any paperwork is bound to get people like me in difficulty. Even freeview boxes have documentation and the cost is not dissimilar. Thanks for the info though much appreciated. Regards Dave
PS do you know why the internet led does not come on ?

Moderators: Sami