DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Reeboot when plugging in USB Drive

• sim
  • Topic Author
More
05 Sep 2009 12:44 #1 by sim
I have a 2820VN which is running firmware 3.3.2.1.
Every time I plug in a USB flash drive or Hard drive (formatted in fat) the router immediately drops the adsl connection (and wireless connections). The router will not work properly again untill I unplug the USB device.

Has anyone else come accross this issue.

Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2009 21:24 #2 by henryg88
Replied by henryg88 on topic Reeboot when plugging in USB Drive
Yes. I configured my 2820VN for the first time today with no problem. I then upgraded the firmware just tonight, and found the same problem as sim. Sorry, but I have no solution. I just put the 2820 back in its box and plugged my wires back into my 2800. No USB drive, but I'm on the air. I, too, would like to find a solution.

More
08 Sep 2009 13:48 #3 by cyclo
Replied by cyclo on topic Reeboot when plugging in USB Drive
I have the same problem. If I format the drive as NTFS it just goes into a reboot cycle. FAT32 works fine though. One thing I can't do is access any user folders via samba, it just keeps asking for a user/pw

More
13 Sep 2009 12:09 #4 by lockhart
Replied by lockhart on topic Reeboot when plugging in USB Drive
The main problem I had was even in Fat32 it went into reboot cycle. Then I read on the USA site that the drive can only have one Primary partition. Anything other than this will cause the reboot cycle. Once I made the extended partition primary all worked fine.

• sim
  • Topic Author
More
15 Sep 2009 13:15 #5 by sim
Replied by sim on topic Reeboot when plugging in USB Drive
Tried this last night (Fat32 and one primary partition) with no improvement. As soon as I plug in the drive the adsl Line sync resets and stays in the reset state untill I unplug the drive.

More
17 Sep 2009 17:45 #6 by henryg88
Replied by henryg88 on topic Reeboot when plugging in USB Drive
Well, I sent mine back to my supplier who will be running tests. I look forward to the results on my return from holiday. I hope it's something simple like the partitioning, but think I'll wait until the firmware (and a good set of written instructions) settles down - a few months?

Moderators: Sami