DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 Firmware 3.3.2.1 and 3.3.3 : Xbox 360 not working?

More
07 Oct 2009 22:22 #1 by boxst
Hello

Summary: Firmware 3.3.2.1 doesn't appear to work with Xbox 360?

Any suggestions?

Long Version:

I upgraded to 3.3.2.1 a few weeks ago and didn't think about it anymore. Recently I was having account issues with the Xbox and it couldn't connect to Live. I didn't associate the two.

After testing, testing, calling Xbox support I suddenly remembered I did a firmware upgrade. I rolled back to the beta version of the analogue connector (i.e. different firmware) and now everything works again.

I haven't changed any settings, UPNP is enabled as it always was, no firewall is present. The Xbox is hardwired via a homeplug.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2009 15:34 #2 by crunchbytes
Interestingly, I'm getting similar issues with 3.3.3.RC4a BETA firmware.

I'm not sure the uPNP is working properly with the Xbox.

When running games like COD4 and COD5 and they try and make me the host (I have ADSL2+ broadband), I connect into the game but no one else can.

I can tell this as the game immediately ends with 'poor connection to host' and when the list of players from the lobby are displayed, they have zero bars and I have full bar strength. Then the lobby closes.

So it would seem that uPNP isn't allowing the correct ports to open 2-way.

I've just configured the Xbox with a static DHCP address, and have enabled open ports for 88/UDP and 3074/TCP/UDP but I feel this might screw up my PlayStation 3 (PS3) COD4 games... A known issue with port 3074.

Any ideas anyone? I'll test the Xbox again with the open ports and see what happens.

Cheers, Richard

More
26 Oct 2009 11:31 #3 by boxst
I applied an Xbox update and then reapplied the latest firmware and everything is fine.

I have no idea whether it was a bizarre Xbox update or corrupt firmware.

I guess I shall see tomorrow as there is another update to the dashboard....

Steve

More
05 Nov 2009 13:26 #4 by boxst
Okay, this still doesn't work. I've installed 3.3.3 and the Xbox 360 will not download anything (or connect to Sky Player).

Go back to some old firmware, not changing any settings and everything is fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

More
08 Nov 2009 22:04 #5 by catzi
Have you tried taking a note of the router settings then resetting to factory defaults and re-entering the settings manually?

You may have a problem caused by the upgrade that would be rectified by a factory reset.

I'm using the 3.3.2 firmware with a 360 and don't have any problems with Xbox Live.

More
09 Nov 2009 01:26 #6 by voodle
No issues with Xbox Live here, running 3.3.3 firmware, and it seems to have fixed the issue I was having with the Xbox seeing PCs on the network for video streaming.

Maybe try from a clean configuration with UPnP enabled?

Moderators: Sami