DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Help Connecting 2 xbox 360's

More
14 Nov 2009 18:01 #1 by nice1
Help Connecting 2 xbox 360's was created by nice1
Hi all,

there are 2 xbox 360's in the house hold, the problem is their can only ever be 1 connected at a time, as 1 is always getting disconnected, iv tried changeing settings in the router but nothing seems to work,

Do you think that the vigor 2800g cannot handle 2 xbox connecting at the same time?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2009 09:37 #2 by davegarratt
Replied by davegarratt on topic Help Connecting 2 xbox 360's
I assume you have 2 xbox live accounts - it's not a case that only one can be logged into the xbox live network at a time ?

More
16 Nov 2009 09:48 #3 by nice1
Replied by nice1 on topic Help Connecting 2 xbox 360's

DaveGarratt wrote: I assume you have 2 xbox live accounts - it's not a case that only one can be logged into the xbox live network at a time ?

Thanks for the reply,
yes there are 2 xbox live accounts, Ive been reading alot of stories that some routers cannot handle 2 connections of xbox live at the same time, and as Ive got that problem then i can only assume that this Vigor 2800G cannot handle it, Im not surprised though, as its not that good with wireless ether, hence me having to use a netgear router for the wireless side.

More
16 Nov 2009 10:16 #4 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Help Connecting 2 xbox 360's
I know someone who has two 360 gold accounts logged in on same home network no problems.
I am having problems with one account, cant get my 5510 to work with xbox live to save its life, Ive tried everything DMZ, upnp, different firmwares, it just gives up. Soon as I use a netgear or any other router its fine.
I seem to remember similar problems with my 2820n as well, although this may be fixed now with latest firmware.

More
17 Nov 2009 09:33 #5 by nice1
Replied by nice1 on topic Help Connecting 2 xbox 360's

rolandrat wrote: I know someone who has two 360 gold accounts logged in on same home network no problems.
I am having problems with one account, cant get my 5510 to work with xbox live to save its life, Ive tried everything DMZ, upnp, different firmwares, it just gives up. Soon as I use a netgear or any other router its fine.
I seem to remember similar problems with my 2820n as well, although this may be fixed now with latest firmware.

I decided to buy a new router (not a draytek) and hope it will work, i will still use my draytek but only as a print sever.

I will report back as and when i receive my new one.

bye for now.

More
17 Nov 2009 13:40 #6 by mordorf
Replied by mordorf on topic Help Connecting 2 xbox 360's
Have you tried opening the relevant ports as described in the below link.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908874

Moderators: Sami