DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Cannot connect to 2820vn after firmware upgrade

More
11 Mar 2010 20:06 #1 by norm
Please help! Just upgraded to 3.3.3 and now I cannot connect to the router at all. The lights keep cycling and I get what someone called the Green Ring of Death. Tried pushing reset but that doesn't do anything that I can see. Maybe because it says the ACT light should be flashing when I turn on but it isn't. Tried using TFTP which I saw mentioned but that times out looking for 192.168.1.1. Thank heaven I have an old router so that I can post this.

Please tell me how to get it to work again!

TIA

norm

Regards

norm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2010 09:19 #2 by voodle
It sounds like it's got stuck in a reboot loop, you can check whether you'll be able to fix it or not by turning the unit off, then while pressing the factory reset button on the front, turning it back on again. That should make the 3 LEDs on the left flash together.
There's a guide on how to reflash the firmware when its like that here:
http://draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_reflash.html#reflash
under Abnormal Firmware Conditions.

More
12 Mar 2010 09:51 #3 by norm
Thanks. Tried that. I get the 3 lights flashing and, while they are flashing, I can ping the router OK, but trying either Firmware Upgrade Utility I still get a time out.

Regards

norm

More
12 Mar 2010 09:56 #4 by norm
Does it matter that I'm using Windows 7? I saw in one thread that said you should use XP, not Vista, but that was before W7 was released.

Regards

norm

More
12 Mar 2010 13:48 #5 by voodle
Check if you've got the Windows Firewall enabled or disabled, if it's enabled it is probably blocking the firmware from being sent.

More
12 Mar 2010 13:57 #6 by norm
No, software firewall definitely off. I've had a response from Draytek. I'm going to try it on my mother's XP computer tonight, otherwise they've said I'll have to return it for a re-flash.

Regards

norm

Moderators: Sami