DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 setting up email alerts

More
15 Apr 2010 12:48 #1 by singe
2820 setting up email alerts was created by singe
Firmware version: 3.3.3_232201

Hi,

I am trying to configure mail alert for firewall events however I cannot get the menu to accept any inputs via the web interface:

1. Using Safari on MacOSX I can enter server details etc. and tick the 'enable' box but hitting 'Test Settings' or 'OK' to accept the changes has no effect. As if the html code behind the buttons doesn't work. Same for trying to set SYSLOG settings

2. If I use a Windows machine (with various IE versions) the buttons on the page work but all the settings related to the MailAlert settings are greyed out (including the 'enable' box) and can't be updated.

Is this an interface issue, set up issue (yes I have enabled the firewall on the router) or is there another way of enabling this?

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2010 14:31 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic 2820 setting up email alerts
On mine I can only enable the mail alerts if the logging option is also enabled. It is also necessary to enter the mail server as an IP address otherwise you get the very useful "Server is Error! " alert :roll: However, even with all that the mail alert doesn't actually work :(

More
16 Apr 2010 11:02 #3 by bert.twildge
Replied by bert.twildge on topic 2820 setting up email alerts
Hi

I'm the same, I can only enter the smtp server as an ip address and email alerts do not work either.

More
13 May 2010 13:37 #4 by m1dlg
Replied by m1dlg on topic 2820 setting up email alerts
I have found the buttons failed for me using IE, Chrome, and Firefox, but using Opera it worked just fine. I knew it was working before, but I just couldn't work out why it wouldn't work when it had before. It looks like some kind of scripting error.

More
13 May 2010 20:36 #5 by gcp
Replied by gcp on topic 2820 setting up email alerts
Same here, can't get them to work on Safari or IE, on 3 separate boxes.

More
14 May 2010 11:31 #6 by m1dlg
Replied by m1dlg on topic 2820 setting up email alerts
I accessed the Router from 2 separate browsers last night both at the same time. I noticed that the 2 browsers reported 2 different result - Chrome showed that none of the check boxes were toggled in the syslog screen, Opera however was correct showing all checkboxes were toggled how I left them previously. This was after the browsers were cleaned of anything in the caches and history. There must be a larger problem somewhere in the GUI scripts. Perhaps someone from Draytek could advise?

Moderators: Sami