Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Send SysLogs to NAS

• brewj
  • Topic Author
More
30 Apr 2010 08:57 #1 by brewj
Send SysLogs to NAS was created by brewj
Hi there,

I am only a day into plugging in my Vigor2820n and so far I am just disappointed I didn't make the step earlier.

All is going well with my set up but I was wondering if it was possible to send the SysLogs to a NAS as I do not run any PC's on my network and it would be a neater solution to having a USB drive connected.

Or is there a way to download all the logs without having to invoke a Telnet connection?

Cheers
Brew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2010 09:47 #2 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Send SysLogs to NAS
With the 3.3.3 firmware, you can plug a USB drive into the router and use that to store Syslog messages, then access that remotely or on the LAN when needed.

• brewj
  • Topic Author
More
30 Apr 2010 10:36 #3 by brewj
Replied by brewj on topic Send SysLogs to NAS

Voodle wrote: With the 3.3.3 firmware, you can plug a USB drive into the router and use that to store Syslog messages, then access that remotely or on the LAN when needed.

Hi there I appreciate that is there away to send the logs to my NAS in the same way you could send them to a PC running the monitoring software?

More
30 Apr 2010 11:18 #4 by thrain
Replied by thrain on topic Send SysLogs to NAS

Brewj wrote:

Voodle wrote: With the 3.3.3 firmware, you can plug a USB drive into the router and use that to store Syslog messages, then access that remotely or on the LAN when needed.

Hi there I appreciate that is there away to send the logs to my NAS in the same way you could send them to a PC running the monitoring software?

If syslog server is running on your NAS.

System Maintenance -> SysLog / Mail Alert

Tick Enable

Select Syslog Server, enter the NAS IP address

Tick what you want forwarding to the NAS

• brewj
  • Topic Author
More
30 Apr 2010 11:22 #5 by brewj
Replied by brewj on topic Send SysLogs to NAS

Thrain wrote:

It's a Infrant ReadyNas NV+ not a PC so I presume not. What I'm really after is the ability to output the log files to the NAS not run the SysLog Server on another device.

I would settle for the logs been emailed but you can not get the Syslog information emailed can you am I right in understanding that the System Maintenance >> SysLog / Mail Alert Setup page the SysLog and Email Alerts are two separate items.

More
30 Apr 2010 13:05 #6 by thrain
Replied by thrain on topic Send SysLogs to NAS

Brewj wrote:

Thrain wrote:

It's a Infrant ReadyNas NV+ not a PC so I presume not. What I'm really after is the ability to output the log files to the NAS not run the SysLog Server on another device.

I would settle for the logs been emailed but you can not get the Syslog information emailed can you am I right in understanding that the System Maintenance >> SysLog / Mail Alert Setup page the SysLog and Email Alerts are two separate items.

Think your out of luck if the NAS doesn't run a syslog server.

The email won't send full syslog info.

What devices do you run on the network ?

Moderators: Sami