• grimreaper
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
26 Aug 2015 20:34 #1 by grimreaper
Bit Torrent brings the 2925N to its knees was created by grimreaper
Hi,

This is behaviour I've observed that if I start a torrent client and start any download that frequently all connections will die for a period of time along with the wan. Then it'll reconnect to the internet, work for a bit then die again. Once the bittorrent client is closed then it starts working normally again.

I have had to go back to the router that the 2925 was meant to replace. It isn't so bad in the sense that I don't really fire up bittorrent that often but it is unacceptable that starting bittorrent kills my internet connection and the network ports.

Has anyone experienced this behaviour?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2015 09:21 #2 by voodle
I haven't particularly, I've always found that draytek routers handle bittorrent traffic quite well. Do you have anything like DoS defense enabled or App Enforcement? If so, check the syslog output as that should say whats happening.

• grimreaper
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 Aug 2015 12:52 #3 by grimreaper
Replied by grimreaper on topic Re: Bit Torrent brings the 2925N to its knees

Voodle wrote: I haven't particularly, I've always found that draytek routers handle bittorrent traffic quite well. Do you have anything like DoS defense enabled or App Enforcement? If so, check the syslog output as that should say whats happening.

They're disabled.

Looking at it closer it appears as though the router itself is rebooting and it consistently happens with bittorrent traffic.

More
28 Aug 2015 13:58 #4 by voodle
Ah okay, I don't actually have a 2925 but could you try turning off hardware acceleration to see if that makes a difference?

Also you could check with older firmware like 3.7.8.1 from here: ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2925/Firmware/

• grimreaper
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Aug 2015 10:55 #5 by grimreaper

Voodle wrote: Ah okay, I don't actually have a 2925 but could you try turning off hardware acceleration to see if that makes a difference?

Also you could check with older firmware like 3.7.8.1 from here: ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2925/Firmware/

Good idea, I'll see how it goes for the next few days.

• grimreaper
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
30 Aug 2015 21:02 #6 by grimreaper
Turning off hardware acceleration and downgrading the firmware to 3.7.8.1 appears to have resolved this, the router hasn't rebooted or dropped connectivity.