Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2860 and AP 900 to create a guest network

• mrwrighty
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Apr 2016 16:08 #1 by mrwrighty
I have 3 AP900 connected to a Vigor 2860. Wireless LAN is working fine, but I want to create a guest WiFi network isolated from the main office LAN.

I have created a VLAN on port 6 (VLAN1 pointing to LAN 6 IP setup) and VID set to 10 and also acting as DHCP on that port with a different network to the main office network.

I have created a guest SSID on each AP900 and with a VLAN ID pointing to 10 and the subnet set to LAN-A the same as the main network.

I cannot get the Guest network to pick up and IP address from the Vigor 2860. Do I need to plug port 6from the 2860 into my network or rely on the wifi connection LAN connection from each AP900.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2016 16:39 #2 by aweaton
How are your AP900s connected to your 2860? Are they connected via a switch, directly or using WDS?
Also, have you had a look at this guide? http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-wireless-guestnetwork
Probably best to setup the guest network on the 2860 (assuming it has wireless) first, test it and then setup the guest network on the AP900s one-by-one.

• mrwrighty
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Apr 2016 17:38 #3 by mrwrighty
Yes I have looked at that link, but it is not specific to 2860 as it shows LAN and SSID settings which the 2860 does not have.

The AP900 are connected to the network via POE through a single port. The 2860 has a single connection on port 1 to the office LAN.

• mrwrighty
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 Apr 2016 09:32 #4 by mrwrighty
I have followed the best I can, but the Guest Wifi is not picking up a DHCP address from the VLAN configured on the Vigor2860

More
19 Apr 2016 11:40 #5 by admin3
Is the PoE switch a managed or unmanaged switch? If it's unmanaged, there should be no issue, but if it's a managed switch, the VLAN tags used will need to be added to allowed VLAN tags for the ports, otherwise the switch will strip out the tags.

It may also be useful to test with the VigorAP 900 connected directly to the router's LAN ports.

Forum Administrator

• dazeck
  • User
  • User
More
19 Apr 2016 17:28 #6 by dazeck

mrwrighty wrote: Yes I have looked at that link, but it is not specific to 2860 as it shows LAN and SSID settings which the 2860 does not have.

The AP900 are connected to the network via POE through a single port. The 2860 has a single connection on port 1 to the office LAN.

Did you tick the enable VLAN option to get the extra settings for LAN/SSID.

I will be doing the exact same setup as you this weekend, but using a 2860 and 3 x AP-810. I already have a 2860 and AP-900 at home so have been through the guide and I see all the options if I follow it.