Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek User redirecting

• cristian
  • Topic Author
More
15 May 2016 08:53 #1 by cristian
Draytek User redirecting was created by cristian
Hey guys,

So, i set up Draytek 2850 for another user, apart from admin. Did the settings in User management, user profile and Firewall. I connect via LAN so no point for internet authentication. Every time i try connecting with my own credentials (not admin) i get a pop-up which is instantly blocked and get redirected to Draytek site. If i use the Admin credentials everything runs smooth and i can connect. Any ideas? Thanks in advance and have a good day.

Cristian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2016 14:09 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Draytek User redirecting
Have you left "Landing Page" ticked on in the user profile?

• cristian
  • Topic Author
More
16 May 2016 08:59 #3 by cristian
Replied by cristian on topic Re: Draytek User redirecting
No, i unticked it. I followed the draytek tutorials... but even like that the same problem. I really can't put my finger where the problem could be. thanks for the help anyway...

More
16 May 2016 18:28 #4 by piste basher
Hmm I just tried it on mine and even with Landing Page ticked off a user is directed to the landing page set up on the "general setup" page - I have mine set to bbc.co.uk, not the default Draytek site.

But as a matter of interest what are you expecting to see? As I understand it a non-admin "user" can't log in to the router as such, they can only "log in" via the router to access the internet, or maybe to authenticate using the radius server.

Edit:-
Ah I see maybe it's this you're looking at http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=5745&Itemid=293&lang=en

That seems to be setting a different "user" to the ones set in user profiles as far as I understand it?

• cristian
  • Topic Author
More
18 May 2016 12:06 #5 by cristian
Replied by cristian on topic Re: Draytek User redirecting

Piste Basher wrote: Hmm I just tried it on mine and even with Landing Page ticked off a user is directed to the landing page set up on the "general setup" page - I have mine set to bbc.co.uk, not the default Draytek site.

But as a matter of interest what are you expecting to see? As I understand it a non-admin "user" can't log in to the router as such, they can only "log in" via the router to access the internet, or maybe to authenticate using the radius server.

Edit:-
Ah I see maybe it's this you're looking at http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=5745&Itemid=293&lang=en

That seems to be setting a different "user" to the ones set in user profiles as far as I understand it?

Thank you very much for your repsonse. I will try it out and come back with feedback. The thing is i just wanna sign in with an other account than Admin and manage it. So, you're bascically telling me that signing in as an USER you can not really manage anything? And if it is so, do you know any way of raising the permissions? Thanks a lot and have a good day!

More
18 May 2016 17:22 #6 by piste basher
As far as I can see there are only two types of "User" - one is the "dumbed down admin user with no name" as per the above link or the "User profile" type as described here http://www.draytek.co.uk/information/our-technology/user-management

Neither will do what you want it would appear- you are either the admin with full rights or you're not. I don't think Draytek have ever claimed otherwise.