Accessing the web interface of a 130

• mbames
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 Jun 2016 15:35 #1 by mbames
Accessing the web interface of a 130 was created by mbames
When I first set this up, I connected a PC direct to the 130. However I now have the 130connected into WAN1 of my 2925, and seem to be unable to access it anymore (was just curious to access the stats from it - least more than I can see in the dashboard screen of my 2925, as the line seems to drop now and then.

It is still on its default IP address, so I tried adding a static route through the 2925 interface:
192.168.2.0 / 255.255.255.0, with a default gw of that of the 2925 IP address, and tried interface as both WAN1 (and then LAN1 in desperation).

Any ideas what am doing wrong? When I used an HG612, I was able to connect it's secondary LAN port.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2016 16:55 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Accessing the web interface of a 130
You can't do it with the Draytek router. AdrianH54 on here says he can do it with his Asus router.

• wilsodg
  • User
  • User
More
20 Jun 2016 18:38 #3 by wilsodg
Replied by wilsodg on topic Re: Accessing the web interface of a 130
connect directly to the 130, and change the setting to publish stats to the router. (sorry, I forget which parameter but there aren't many). There's a couple of posts on here telling you what to do.
Then reconnect to the router, and you'll see a lot more info via the router status page (not the dashboard).

And I started getting a lot of drop-outs on infinity recently with my vigor 2925/130. It went for 6 months and only ever seemed to drop once a month - now on BT business infinity I can't get a stable connection for more than a few minutes or an hour if I am lucky. The BT Business hub has been rock solid for 8 days now. And now the BT Residential line started going the same way since I installed the 3.7BT firmware. The problem is, if the line drops too much, BT reduce the IP profile so you get hardly anything through it. MY 80mb Infinity is now running at 16. I even purchased a third modem for testing, but it is no better.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
21 Jun 2016 06:23 #4 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Accessing the web interface of a 130

wilsodg wrote: connect directly to the 130, and change the setting to publish stats to the router. (sorry, I forget which parameter but there aren't many). There's a couple of posts on here telling you what to do.
Then reconnect to the router, and you'll see a lot more info via the router status page (not the dashboard).

And I started getting a lot of drop-outs on infinity recently with my vigor 2925/130. It went for 6 months and only ever seemed to drop once a month - now on BT business infinity I can't get a stable connection for more than a few minutes or an hour if I am lucky. The BT Business hub has been rock solid for 8 days now. And now the BT Residential line started going the same way since I installed the 3.7BT firmware. The problem is, if the line drops too much, BT reduce the IP profile so you get hardly anything through it. MY 80mb Infinity is now running at 16. I even purchased a third modem for testing, but it is no better.

My 130 is using the 3.7BT firmware and has been up without issue for 33 days, I never see a line drop. I am on a 80/20 BT based connection.

You could try using some of the other firmware versions from ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor130/Firmware/ UK versions are "modem4"

Previously I was running 3.7.8.3 modem 4 and again never had a single line drop. When you flash new firmware be sure to use the .rst file . I install, power off/on and then manually factory reset to be sure the memory cleared the old firmware.

If you are having issues you really should put in a ticket to DrayTek , they will want to get this sorted out.

• mbames
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
21 Jun 2016 12:28 #5 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic Re: Accessing the web interface of a 130

wilsodg wrote: connect directly to the 130, and change the setting to publish stats to the router. (sorry, I forget which parameter but there aren't many). There's a couple of posts on here telling you what to do.

I've had a bit of a search and didn't really find the answer, so will keep looking, bit the in the meantime I dropped a switch between the 130 and my 2925 and plugged in a spare laptop. Performed a firmware update from 3.7.6.4 (or something) to 3.7.9, but the only option I see is:

System Maint | Management:
Device Management (ticked)
Broadcast DSL stats to router (ticked)

did get some line stats via putty though:
Code:
Vigor> adsl status ---------------------- ATU-R Info (hw: annex A, f/w: annex A/B/C) ----------- Running Mode : 17A State : SHOWTIME DS Actual Rate : 39993000 bps US Actual Rate : 9995000 bps DS Attainable Rate : 73319224 bps US Attainable Rate : 14888043 bps DS Path Mode : Fast US Path Mode : Fast DS Interleave Depth : 1 US Interleave Depth : 1 NE Current Attenuation : 14 dB Cur SNR Margin : 16 dB DS actual PSD : 4. 1 dB US actual PSD : 11. 7 dB NE CRC Count : 0 FE CRC Count : 30 NE ES Count : 0 FE ES Count : 26 Xdsl Reset Times : 0 Xdsl Link Times : 1 ITU Version[0] : b5004946 ITU Version[1] : 544e0000 VDSL Firmware Version : 05-07-06-0D-01-07 [with Vectoring support] Power Management Mode : DSL_G997_PMS_L0 Test Mode : DISABLE -------------------------------- ATU-C Info --------------------------------- Far Current Attenuation : 15 dB Far SNR Margin : 9 dB CO ITU Version[0] : b5004946 CO ITU Version[1] : 544eb204 DSLAM CHIPSET VENDOR : < IFTN >

• wilsodg
  • User
  • User
More
21 Jun 2016 13:39 #6 by wilsodg
Replied by wilsodg on topic Re: Accessing the web interface of a 130
What you have done on the modem looks correct..
System Maintenance >> Management and enable Device Management and Broadcast DSL Status to LAN.

Go back to the router
In the Menu click on the option for

Firewall - DoS defense and disable UDP flood defense if it is enabled
and click OK.

That's all I had to do..