DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

no-ip.org - ddns not registering properly?

• mbames
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
01 Jul 2016 14:14 #1 by mbames
I've got a number of routers configured to update their details automatically with no-ip.org.

The Drytek interface is reporting success

Code:
Returncode= status=0 (xxxxxxx.no-ip.org) Updated successfully

However I keep getting emails from no-ip.org suggesting this is no longer working, and having to manually renew my records due to lack of updates. Has anyone else experienced this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2016 20:45 #2 by chrisw
I've started getting emails from noip too (I'm using hopto.org) requiring me to confirm the hostname is still active. It's the 2nd time now - they now say the hostname will only remain valid for 30 days without confirmation. Expect they want us to pay...!

• mbames
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
01 Jul 2016 23:45 #3 by mbames
Guess that means that noip.org have changed their authentication processes and the draytek process is no longer working :-( I'll raise a proper support ticket with draytek tomorrow.

More
02 Jul 2016 07:56 #4 by chrisw
I think NoIP must have changed their requirements (I switched to them when DynDNS did something similar a while back).

http://www.noip.com/support/knowledgebase/confirm-my-hostname-free-account-support-question-day/
Explains the 2 methods of account confirmation - unfortunately both require manual intervention.

• sjltech.uk
  • User
  • User
More
08 Nov 2016 00:33 #5 by sjltech.uk
Replied by sjltech.uk on topic Re: no-ip.org - ddns not registering properly?
I've got some "interesting issues" with this one too.
Have there been any updates since the last post ?
I'll update this with my woes tomorrow
Cheers
Simon

More
08 Nov 2016 07:11 #6 by aweaton
If you're using NO-IP free DDNS then you have to manually keep the account active. The Draytek router will keep the DDNS to IP record up to date though.
I recently switched to NO-IP's Enhanced DDNS (with a domain) and can confirm the Draytek router still keeps the DDNS to IP record up to date. And of course I don't have to manually keep the account active.