• robin@networkfusion.co.uk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
04 Mar 2017 20:48 #1 by robin@networkfusion.co.uk
A few feature requests was created by robin@networkfusion.co.uk
Hi,
I would like to suggest a few feature requests, in order of preference (and my use case is for the Vigor 2860/30)

Support TLS email servers: currently only STMP servers on ports 25 and 465 are supported, most email servers are now using port 587

Support Lets Encrypt (http://letsencrypt.org) for SSL certificates. Currently only manually generated certificates are supported, this would make security much easier.

Use a settable domain to hide the router IP address when a client accesses the hotspot login portal.

Support Microsoft accounts for Hotspot login. Currently only google and facebook accounts are supported.

Support email for hotspot login with a grace period (10 mins or settable). Currently SMS is supported but it relies on using a rather expensive service.

Hopefully many forthcoming +1's :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• simmondp
  • User
  • User
More
11 Jan 2018 10:56 #2 by simmondp
Replied by simmondp on topic Re: A few feature requests
I'd like to +1 the request for "Lets Encrypt" certificate support.

We use it on our web servers and it simple and quick and automatic, by contrast the 2860 set-up and renewal of certificates is clunky and non-obvious.

• simmondp
  • User
  • User
More
11 Jan 2018 10:59 #3 by simmondp
Replied by simmondp on topic Re: A few feature requests
also, email to support@draytek.com for Let's Encrypt support may yield more results if HQ knows there are lost of customers who really want this.

• maxwellhadley
  • User
  • User
More
11 Jan 2018 13:19 #4 by maxwellhadley
Replied by maxwellhadley on topic Letsencrypt (was: Re: A few feature requests)
+1 for built-in letsencrypt support - though I am able to work around it by generating the certificates on a separate system, which is opened for http access for just a moment each time I need to renew.

Alternatively, a command-line (SSH) tool to install a certificate in addition to the web interface would be nice, allowing automation.

Finally, it would be even better if a DNS lookup on the LAN for the router's DNS entry could be made* to return the LAN address, so that the browser doesn't complain about the certificate being for 'myrouter.somedomain.com' and not for 'myrouter.local'. As they increasingly do these days.

*Maybe this is possible now (2860ac), but if it is I can't find out how to do it.

More
11 Jan 2018 18:30 #5 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: A few feature requests

Support Microsoft accounts for Hotspot login.

Who uses that? (well, you obviously) but if 100 people walk into your cafe etc, how many are likely to want to use a hotmail/outlook account and don't have gmail/facebook ?

Forum Administrator

• robin@networkfusion.co.uk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
12 Jan 2018 00:14 #6 by robin@networkfusion.co.uk
Replied by robin@networkfusion.co.uk on topic Re: A few feature requests

admin wrote:

Support Microsoft accounts for Hotspot login.

Who uses that? (well, you obviously) but if 100 people walk into your cafe etc, how many are likely to want to use a hotmail/outlook account and don't have gmail/facebook ?

It is only a (multiple) customer request... Some people prefer not to be on facebook and use hotmail/outlook/office365 for email...

On a personal note though, I would rather sign up directly (or have a sacrificial account) than let someone gather all my details through a social login!

but anyway, I am now using Ubiquiti Unifi for customer hotspots as this FR went unanswered for so long...