Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

ADSL Line Producing insane ping values

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
22 Jun 2017 14:53 #7 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: ADSL Line Producing insane ping values

colin_e wrote: Thanks AdrianH54, that's very interesting. I've wondered if we might have to switch to a different ISP to get them to chase OpenReach, i'm curently using a small firm (Vispa) and they don;t seem to have much leverage, or interest to be honest.

Maybe the threat of you leaving may help stir them in to action. What you describe is a very common, well known fault that somehow the engineers manage to miss or not think of.

I was on a merry-go-round of engineers blaming the house set up, they kept changing the system that they themselves had installed and then saying no fault found until I went LLU.

Now on FTTC I use Uno.net and they have a great reputation for getting things done . Another small and very highly recommended ISP is Pulse8broadband , both offer BT and LLU connections , depends what is available on your exchange.

Another line of attack is to call BT phone support and tell them the phone is often too quiet , that should at least get a remote line test and may show them an issue is there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.