Multi NAT not working 2860

• skully43
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 Nov 2017 16:04 #1 by skully43
Multi NAT not working 2860 was created by skully43
So I currently have a Draytek 2860 running 3.8.5.1_BT - I have 5 public IP addresses from my ISP

*.*.*.1 - *.*.*.5 I have configured the router to have .1 and enabled that to be part of the NAT IP pool

I have entered the remaining 4 IP addresses 2 through to 5 but not ticked 'Join NAT IP Pool'

I want to have a host to have .5 as its public IP address but bizarrely ALL hosts are getting .5 as its public facing IP address even though only .1 is part of the NAT pool ???

what is happening here? it doesn't make sense to me...

any help gratefully received as I am going round in circles...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2017 18:23 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Multi NAT not working 2860
How have you directed WAN Alias .5 to that host? Port redirection or open port(s)?

• skully43
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Nov 2017 07:10 #3 by skully43
Replied by skully43 on topic Re: Multi NAT not working 2860
Hi thanks for your responce

Yes I have, I did it in NAT-->DMZ Host then ticked the enable box next to *.5 and entered its private ip address which is 192.168.1.55/24

in open ports I ticked Enable open ports, selected *.5 in the drop down, source IP ANY private IP 192.168.1.55 & start port end port as 25 for SMTP

driving me nuts this is :-)

More
29 Nov 2017 08:44 #4 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Multi NAT not working 2860
Not sure why you're using DMZ host and specifying the IP of one host as a range (/24) ?? e.g. I have two IP cameras, one on 192.168.1.37 and the other on 192.168.1.38 . I just use "Open ports" to give each of them its own WAN1 IP Alias and open port 80.

• skully43
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Nov 2017 10:12 #5 by skully43
sorry meant /32 for the host

the key thing I need is for when the host makes an internet connection it does so on *.5 as that is the public IP address that is listed in DNS for my domain.

so ALL hosts bar my mail server NATs on *.1 my mail server I need to NAT on *.5 - no matter what I do all hosts including the mail server when the browse the internet are doing so NAT'd on the WAN1 IP address *.1

surely there is an easy way to do an IP mapping so that my mail server is always going out on .5 ?

• skully43
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Nov 2017 10:25 #6 by skully43
Figured it out!

to MAP an IP address to your internal host you do this through Routing >> Load-Balance/Route Policy

create a policy so that your internal host always is NAT'd to a public IP other than the default WAN1 one