Stupid 2860 reboots

• la2
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 Feb 2018 00:21 #1 by la2
Stupid 2860 reboots was created by la2
AS well as having serious issues with firmware version 3.8.6 (so I have rolled back to 3.8.5_3), it seems like the 2860 wants to reboot on anything it doesn't like. Today I was performing some MTU tests to various public IP's and the think didn't like it and rebooted several times.

I also had a colleague accidentally create a network loop through patching a port switch back on itself (on a separate switch, not the router). This cased the 2860 to reboot also.

I used to think these things were rock solid. However sadly, I am less convinced now. Maybe its time to look for a replacement. I simply cannot have someone perform a simple operation such as a ping on the network, only for the 2860 to fall flat on its face!

Anyone else having these issues?

Thanks,

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• silverstreak_2006
  • User
  • User
More
19 Feb 2018 19:38 #2 by silverstreak_2006
Replied by silverstreak_2006 on topic Re: Stupid 2860 reboots
I think the latest version of 3.8.4.x might be in order until 3.8.6 is patched, or a 3.8.7 is released.

Mine reboots less than a week without fail. I have a 2925 with nearly 600 hours on it now, that is running 3.8.6. I have even disabled the wifi on both, we shall see...

• rob.nicholson
  • User
  • User
More
19 Feb 2018 20:45 #3 by rob.nicholson
Replied by rob.nicholson on topic Re: Stupid 2860 reboots
On 3.8.5_BT here and it's rock solid although some little configuration changes require a reboot which is annoying.

• markdeacon
  • User
  • User
More
20 Feb 2018 00:16 #4 by markdeacon
Replied by markdeacon on topic Re: Stupid 2860 reboots
I have similar issues with the 2862ac rebooting frequently for no real reason. There must be something in the later firmwares that is causing the firmware to crash at the first sign of trouble. Draytek routers from my experience have all been rock solid previously.

I have an open case with Draytek support but haven't heard anything back other than the usual check the sys ver dbg since Thursday.

Oddly my 2862 has behaved it's self with nearly 100 hours uptime since raising the support request :roll:

More
20 Feb 2018 14:57 #5 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Stupid 2860 reboots
Best to report any reboots along with the sys ver debg output after the reboot.

Forum Administrator

• la2
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
04 Mar 2018 21:46 #6 by la2
Replied by la2 on topic Re: Stupid 2860 reboots
Apart from once when it e-mailed over a memory dump, I cannot find anything in the Syslog to indicate what is happening.

I'm at my last tether today. The ting seemed to randomly get into an endless reboot loop and only pulling one of the WAN connections (WAN2), did the thing come back to life. Know idea what caused this (there was nothing happening on the network apart from general web browsing etc).

I run all the phones here via VoIP, so reliability is of the utmost importance.

Time to look for a new Router brand I think. I have lost faith in Draytek. Am very tempted to build a pfsence box like I did a few years back...

Dan