DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860 & 2862 - slow remote dial in vpn after firmware update

• geroi
  • Topic Author
More
28 May 2018 17:01 #1 by geroi
Did anyone notice issues with 2860 & 2862 and latest firmware 3.8.8 & 3.8.8.2?
I've updated both routers and now, remote dial-in users are struggling with bandwidth and performance of connection.
I have 2860 on 100/100mbit fibre leased line & when user dials in from VDSL which is about 40/10mbit - getting 0.1/0.1mbit while previously was getting 8/8mbit no bother.
I think this new firmware is not fit for purpose but I'm not downgrading due to the critical issue with DNS hacking.

Can anyone from Draytek comment on this ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gembrain
  • User
  • User
More
31 May 2018 18:20 #2 by gembrain
Not sure whether I'm having a similar but maybe related problem. After a reboot I get my normal 70mbit down and 17 up but then at some stage (timing yet to be identified) I go down to 0.5-1mb download - but mostly still with a reasonable upload...

A reboot and I'm back to normal again. Haven't yet decided whether ISP problem or Draytek but currently suspecting Draytek. Not had any problems for over 2 years before update a few days ago.

If you haven't already done so maybe worth you checking your download speeds when they're trying to VPN.

I'm on 3.8.8_BT fyi

• geroi
  • Topic Author
More
31 May 2018 18:35 #3 by geroi
i've narrowed it down to 2860 model and latest firmware 3.8.8.
PPTP performance is affected for remote dial in vpn and lan to lan vpn.

• gembrain
  • User
  • User
More
31 May 2018 19:27 #4 by gembrain
Thanks - mine is a 2860 so looks like an issue...

• geroi
  • Topic Author
More
31 May 2018 20:21 #5 by geroi
Speeds are shite, bigger files/frames dropping, speeds are in kbps, not mbps and my link is 100/100mbps on fibre

More
01 Jun 2018 09:08 #6 by admin3
It's unfortunate that you're seeing such slow throughput with this new firmware release - is it just PPTP that's affected or is throughput limited for other protocols such as SSL VPN or L2TP over IPsec?

Please report your findings to the UK support team so that they can assist with getting that fixed in a new firmware release, or they may have beta firmware available that would resolve the throughput problems you're seeing.

Forum Administrator