• adenix
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Jun 2018 17:58 #1 by adenix
2860ac DMZ issues was created by adenix
Hi

I have had a 2860ac with BT infinity running solid for 18 months. I have a DMZ in place with Samsung tablets connecting remotely.

I did an update of firmware as emailed by Draytek and now i have no connection remotely. This could be a coincidence as also it was badly timed with a major windows update also!

I set the DMZ etc up 18 months ago and it was relatively easy. However to come back now and get it up and running is proving a nightmare.

Can any experts out there point me in the direction to do simple testing to find the cause of the issue. I am fairly techie if i can have info to read and steps to follow however I'm no network guru.

I have static IP addresses and as I mentioned this was all working. The software techie pointed at the port forwarding or firewall.

TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
18 Jun 2018 22:36 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: 2860ac DMZ issues
What is it you're trying to achieve?

When you configure a DMZ Host, you're telling the Vigor to direct all inbound connection requests to the defined IP address. So, what software is in use on the Samsung tablets and to what are they trying to connect?

More
19 Jun 2018 15:26 #3 by sgibbs
Replied by sgibbs on topic Re: 2860ac DMZ issues
You could try the latest 3.8.9.1 firmware and see if that resolves it...

• adenix
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
20 Jun 2018 18:29 #4 by adenix
Replied by adenix on topic Re: 2860ac DMZ issues
Thanks for the replies.

The tablets run a 3rd party app which connects with a database on our server.

The android app is on the open DMZ PC and then this communicated with our database which was on the server. This all stopped working following the update.

I will try the latest firmware and see if this helps.

It uses Port 80 and 1433 i believe.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
20 Jun 2018 23:33 #5 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: 2860ac DMZ issues
You could try temporarily disabling the PC's firewall and see if the application springs into life.

Double-check that the Router management ports aren't interfering (by default both 80 and 443 are used).

You could install Draytek's SYSLOG server software on your 'open dmz PC' and have the Vigor log connection attempts to it (via firewall rules). That may give you some information to help debug the problem.

(Personally, to facilitate this connection from the outside world, I would use VPN software on the tablets (either Draytek's SSL solution, or the built-in L2TP/Ipsec client) to make your inbound connection, rather than a DMZ host).

• adenix
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
07 Aug 2018 09:49 #6 by adenix
Replied by adenix on topic Re: 2860ac DMZ issues
Thanks Hornbyp for the reply

I have still not got the pads up and running.

I will try the Syslog software.

I see you are close(stockport) is this something you do for a job? If so what would be the charge for diagnosing/ setting up a new connection? if you dont mind me asking?

I am no network wizz and i could do with getting this sorted asap.

Thanks