DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2762 Lack of "routing" menu

• robertwnorman
  • Topic Author
More
03 Mar 2019 13:25 #1 by robertwnorman
2762 Lack of "routing" menu was created by robertwnorman
I'm looking to setup a VPN in the future (most probably NordVPN) but before setting up an account I've taken a look at the guide https://www.draytek.com/support/knowledge-base/5371

It states near the end that you can setup routing policy and a static route through the routing menu on the left side of the router GUI. It is in the user guide and on the live demo. Unfortunately I don't have it even though I'm upgraded to firmware 3.9.0.

Any ideas?

I'm fully prepared to be embarrassed by the bleeding obvious :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
04 Mar 2019 10:11 #2 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: 2762 Lack of "routing" menu
Well looking at all the documentation "Routing" should be in the menu between "Hotspot" and "LAN".

Have you tried rebooting the router since upgrading the firmware? Maybe reflash the firmware using the .all file.

• robertwnorman
  • Topic Author
More
05 Mar 2019 19:43 #3 by robertwnorman
Replied by robertwnorman on topic Re: 2762 Lack of "routing" menu
No I haven't flashed it with the ".all" file yet but didn't want to do it unless I had to. Wasn't sure if I'd missed something obvious. Yes I have rebooted it with no luck :|

I'm sure I'm not going crazy but this was the reply from draytek support:

"Unfortunately the UK model of Vigor 2762 Router doesn't support many of the advanced Routing features like Routing as it is home and small office Router. These features are available on Vigor 2862 or Vigor 2832 Router."

I'd already mentioned it was in user guide and live demo but obviously they didn't bother reading my email fully :|

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
06 Mar 2019 05:51 #4 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: 2762 Lack of "routing" menu

robertwnorman wrote: No I haven't flashed it with the ".all" file yet but didn't want to do it unless I had to. Wasn't sure if I'd missed something obvious. Yes I have rebooted it with no luck :|

I'm sure I'm not going crazy but this was the reply from draytek support:

"Unfortunately the UK model of Vigor 2762 Router doesn't support many of the advanced Routing features like Routing as it is home and small office Router. These features are available on Vigor 2862 or Vigor 2832 Router."

I'd already mentioned it was in user guide and live demo but obviously they didn't bother reading my email fully :|

Wonderful Draytek at their best then :roll: :roll:

Those features are clearly shown in the demo they provide on the UK support pages and also in the user manual available for download on the UK site.
If the features are not present then that is false representation, selling a product that is other than described.

If it is a recent purchase maybe return it and find something better.

• robertwnorman
  • Topic Author
More
06 Mar 2019 12:37 #5 by robertwnorman
Sadly it's not a recent purchase. I've asked them to confirm if they strip features from UK products.

Was thinking maybe I could flash with firmware downloaded from the international site rather than the UK site I might get the features :?

• robertwnorman
  • Topic Author
More
08 Mar 2019 18:05 #6 by robertwnorman
Unfortunately it's as I feared. They do strip features from UK models.

Here is the reply:

There is difference in the UK and the non UK models. The user guide you are looking at is probably from Draytek.com website. Here is the link for the UK model from Draytek.co.uk website:

https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/downloads/vigor-2762

Even though this user guide is for the 2762 on old firmware :?

This is really frustrating, as if I'd bought it anywhere else I would have these options. Instead the British consumer has to stump up the extra cash for a more expensive model. Well this is my first draytek product and now also my last. Nice one draytek! :|