Firmware Alert for 3.9.6 but not BT "SOLVED"

• vanitarium
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
23 Mar 2021 11:45 #1 by vanitarium
Hiya to all,

today I received an email from Draytek urging me to register to a new server and update the firmware of my VIGOR 2762.
But I noticed that the new firmware 3.9.6_STD is NOT 3.9.6_BT
I asked them why this was and also told them that the UK firmware site did NOT have the new 3.9.6_BT firmware.
Their reply was

Sorry.
Please wait a moment, our local partner will put the fw and give u a reply later.

BR,

Several moments have passed and I have had no reply from Draytek UK ...
Does anybody know what is going on here? A scam? A mhacker attack? A real cu by Draytek??
Any info is more than welcome.... :roll: :roll:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
23 Mar 2021 12:07 #2 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Firmware Alert for 3.9.6 but not BT
You should contact DrayTek UK support direct.

If you are in the UK and registered for updates with the UK site you should only be getting emails from them.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
23 Mar 2021 16:31 #3 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Firmware Alert for 3.9.6 but not BT

vanitarium wrote:
Several moments have passed and I have had no reply from Draytek UK ...
Does anybody know what is going on here? A scam? A mhacker attack? A real cu by Draytek??
Any info is more than welcome.... :roll: :roll:

I received something similar, pertaining to my 2860n - it seems they have released a V3.9.0 which adds
"Updated MyVigor authentication method used for Web Content Filter license validation" and support for some new 4G USB stick. Here's hoping it also adds the new features that the 2862 got in 3.9.0 :wink:

This message came from "myvigorbk.draytek.com" - which they've not used before (it's not trusted in my email system, but it is setup to use SPF)

Poking around on draytek.com, I see there is new firmware for the AP802 (1.4.0) that adds the same "Updated MyVigor method". More importantly, it says it:
"Corrected: A stability issue of VLAN ID configuration for wireless connection" - which hopefully is the bug I reported in November. (This firmware is not on the UK site - and Draytek haven't said a dicky bird to me, since November :roll: )

More
23 Mar 2021 17:23 #4 by andybt21
Replied by andybt21 on topic Re: Firmware Alert for 3.9.6 but not BT
I had similar and carried out the upgrade having downloaded from the myvigor site. I am now unable to connect tot he internet although there is a physical connection on the router.

update. back on line having found the _BT version. A wasted afternoon of head scratching!!!

• vanitarium
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
23 Mar 2021 17:29 #5 by vanitarium
Replied by vanitarium on topic Re: Firmware Alert for 3.9.6 but not BT
Hiya,

did you backup the old firmware?
I just had a message from Draytek UK telling me I can use the 3.9.6 firmware for the model 2862 but mine is 2762.... who do you trust, the UK or the international site/emails? What a cockup... I sold an ASUS modem because of their apalling service and now I am in the same mess with Draytek
:twisted: :x :o

• rmistry22
  • User
  • User
More
24 Mar 2021 07:02 #6 by rmistry22
Replied by rmistry22 on topic Re: Firmware Alert for 3.9.6 but not BT
I’ve had the email early this morning, the firmware it refers to is 3.9.6_BT. My question is though, has this fixed all the issues people experienced with 3.9.5?
Doesn’t say anything in the release notes.
Anyone applied it that can advise?