Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Transferring settings from 2962ac to 2965ax

• jrp
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
06 Jan 2022 17:57 #1 by jrp
Is there an easy way to drop-in replace the new router (ie, transfer the settings from the old to the new)? I assume that just saving the settings from the old router and importing them to the new one won't work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
06 Jan 2022 20:51 #2 by hornbyp
Occasionally, you are able to import the Configuration Backup files from certain earlier models. I don't know what this means with respect to the 2965ax - there's no mention of such a model on Draytek.co.uk ...

You can always make use of the 'telnet' interface to dump out sections of the config. This at least gives you a 'crib sheet', but with a bit of 'massaging' you can turn them into scripts you can paste into the new Router's telnet interface.

• jrp
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
06 Jan 2022 21:18 #3 by jrp
Thanks. Sorry it was a 2862ac and 2865ax.

What is the command for showing the config sections, please?

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
06 Jan 2022 21:35 #4 by hornbyp

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
06 Jan 2022 21:40 #5 by hornbyp
If you go into the "Configuration Backup" menu on the 2865ax, does it have a section like this (from the 2860)

I couldn't spot anything similar in the manual and the functionality is disabled in the online emulator. :(

More
07 Jan 2022 16:03 #6 by craigski
I really don't know why Draytek can't provide a utility to extract a binary configuration file and convert to a human readable text file. This would make moving between different models (where the upgrade directly from another model binary backup file is not supported) a whole lot easier, maybe they would sell more new hardware if the processes was made easier?

Would also make documentation/audit a whole lot easier for Cyber Essentials etc.