DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

BT Business Smart Hub 2 not feeding connection into DrayTek Vigor2927

• joshts
  • Topic Author
More
21 Oct 2022 09:57 #1 by joshts
We have a Virgin line and BT line into our office building, Virgin line goes into the Vigor2927 without problem, we have the BT line for load balancing, failover and VoIP prioritisation.

But the BT Business Smart Hub 2 will not feed connection into the Vigor2927.

Both lines work on their own separately without issue, both connected by ethernet into WAN1 & WAN2 - switching ports does not change anything.

I have tried a couple other things but we're a small business and any network knowledge I have is self taught so fairly limited.

Any troubleshooting tips or possible solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2022 10:47 #2 by piste basher
Presumably you have set both WANS to be "Always On" rather than e.g. failover ? Also the correct connection credentials in the appropriate places.

If both work individually then it must be something to do with your setup I should have thought - load balancing, route policy etc.

• joshts
  • Topic Author
More
21 Oct 2022 10:55 #3 by joshts

Piste Basher wrote:
Presumably you have set both WANS to be "Always On" rather than e.g. failover ? Also the correct connection credentials in the appropriate places.

If both work individually then it must be something to do with your setup I should have thought - load balancing, route policy etc.

Yes, both are set to always on.

I could possibly have incorrect credentials in for the BT Hub, but would not know where to start in making sure what credentials I need to input, unfortunately BT are not helpful when working around a third party router but if I needed extra credentials to establish the connection I'm sure I could find them if need be.

Any idea on which credentials I might need to help establish this connection?

More
21 Oct 2022 11:41 #4 by piste basher
I don't know if Business is different but usually it's just username, password and possibly a VLAN tag if that needs to be set in the router. I'm assuming that you have set the hub to modem mode/pass through/whatever BT call it, or perhaps you haven't?

• joshts
  • Topic Author
More
21 Oct 2022 12:30 #5 by joshts

Piste Basher wrote:
I don't know if Business is different but usually it's just username, password and possibly a VLAN tag if that needs to be set in the router. I'm assuming that you have set the hub to modem mode/pass through/whatever BT call it, or perhaps you haven't?

Yes I have enabled bridging to put use the Hub as a modem, just not sure what username and password I would need so will go and try and find that and see if it helps, thank you!
With this in mind, do I need to establish a connection via PPPoE instead of a dynamic or static IP?

More
21 Oct 2022 12:35 #6 by pharcyder
Take a look at this

https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-btfttc-openreachmodem